Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oscar and his voodoo

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by potstuck View Post
    I just showed in the example 1 that the sims show that a larger starting BR is better than a smaller starting BR, with percentages, so how is this statistically insignificant?

My objective, if you understand Oscar's grind, is what was stated in original post - 1. When in recovery with the grind there is a point that I call the 'tipping point' in which the amount of betting units down (x), has a better chance of recovery or not. Example: we are betting $1 units and are at the $10 recovery bet and are 100 units down, meaning we are exactly 10 betting units down right now, so are we likely to recover or less likely to recover from this point?

The entire reason why I am asking has significance, for me, maybe not for you, but that is your opinion.

If you understand Oscars Grind and how it is played, then you would easily understand my question, I also gave examples in post #9 to help you along (BR examples and betting unit examples)

So, ask me a specific question instead of just saying its insignificant.
    I understand how Oscars Grind is played.

Here is how Oscar's Grind works:

The goal of the Oscar's Grind system is to win one unit in the series of the progression. Once that is achieved the betting series starts over again. You start the progression with an one unit bet. After a win your bet is one unit more than the previous unit. After a lose your bet stays the same as the previous unit. For Example, if you lose two units your bet stays the same until a win. The same for three units. Once a win occurs you raised your bet one unit more.

In Oscar's Grind you will not increase your bet that would result in a bet of more than one unit win. For example, if you are win a 6 units bet and you are down 2 units your next raised will not be 7 units. To achieve a one unit win you only raised your bet to 3 units.

The down size of Oscar's Grind is the big losing series that will outweigh your winning sessions which will put you in the deep rabbit hole. The situation you discussed shows that Oscar's Grind is that its effect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by potstuck View Post
    I just showed in the example 1 that the sims show that a larger starting BR is better than a smaller starting BR, with percentages, so how is this statistically insignificant?
    You showed how something works in one of an infinite number of trials. Why do you think this relates to the future? I can create a system that will beat any particular small number of trials. But, it will only beat those hands. Now, if I can go back in the past and play the same hands -- perhaps I can win.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Some people are incapable of logical rational clear thought.

Although it is not amusing at all, it is "politically incorrect"

to mock these semi-functional "members of society."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Some people are incapable of logical rational clear thought.

Although it is not amusing at all, it is "politically incorrect"

to mock these semi-functional "members of society."
    Does that include everyone who follows a faith or religious conviction? Afterall, there's no "rational" reason for believing that a deity or omnipotent being exisits?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Visit UK-21's Degenerate Gamblers Pages - www.uk-21.org

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by UK-21 View Post
    "Does that include everyone who follows a faith or religious conviction? Afterall, there's no "rational" reason for believing that a deity or omnipotent being exists?"
    Religious issues and Political Issues have NO place on this website.
    "Freedom of Speech" (at least in some countries) means that one
    has the wherwithal to find appropriate venues for the "venting of
    one's spleen" ~ and for tangential intellectual / philosophical issues.

As far as this writer is concerned, one must maintain their precious
    freedom to believe in whatever they want to, or need to, believe in.

My reference to rational thought was a strictly mathematical one; as
    there is no subjective, self-serving, or "faith-based" notions involved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123