Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to Wong in and out

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

When to Wong in and out

At what TC is it advisable to Wong in and Wong out in a 6D or 8D shoe? Don't know if it matters, but I'm HiLo with about 40 indices and I've been playing for 6 months. The game I usually play is 8D, S17, DAS, LS. I've always assumed it's best to jump in as soon as I have the advantage, i.e. at TC +1. I generally leave at TC -2. Is that reasonable?
    BTW, I'll be going to Vegas next week and staying at the Venetian for a meeting. I was thinking about playing some at Treasure Island and Mirage ($25 min tables) as the rules there look pretty good for places on the Strip. Any other suggestions? I've never played DD but I'm up for trying it if recommended. My trip BR is $2,000 over 3 days (probably 10 hrs of play). My total BR is 20K.
    Thanks!

Actually, bankroll size and tolerance to risk enter into the equation. In a general sense, concentrate on 6 deck. You will be unable to Wong in on double deck. Never played at the Venetian - think it's 6-5 now. TI and Mirage are both sweat shops, so get in and out quickly.

Your bankroll is limited - try playing downtown - there are )10.00 games at Golden Nugget and elsewhere.. A couple if others are sweaty and playable - and of course, if your so inclined, the Sweaty Spaniard (El Cortez) for your quick DD backoff. consuder it a rite of passage.

If you have a car available, then there are lots if possibilities. BJ 21 has a product called CBJN (current Bkackjack news) which gives a myriad of info on games all over, with a good Vegas emphasis. Costs about $15.00. To play profitably with your limited roll, you will have to concentrate on off strip locations for the most part.

Everything you ever wanted to know about wonging is found in Blackjack Attack 3, Chapter 13, "New Answers To Old Questions". If you don't have a copy get 1. It will do more to improve your game and increase profits than any other book.

With a $2000 trip bank ,you are limited to a max bet of $100($80 IS BETTER0 for 10 hours play. wong in at $25 x 2 at around tc2 or a hand of $35-$40 if that is not possible.tc3 $50 x2 ,tc4 $ 75x 2 . if 1 hand then about $70-$75 at tc3 , tc4 $100 .this is just a general ramp for a 4.5/6 games .if it is 5/6 you can ramp up 1 step later. leave at tc0 or latest tc-1 if WONGING. YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO MAKE ENOUGH ev BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE A DECENT CHANCE OF NOT LOSING ALL .

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    With a $2000 trip bank ,you are limited to a max bet of $100($80 IS BETTER0 for 10 hours play. wong in at $25 x 2 at around tc2 or a hand of $35-$40 if that is not possible.tc3 $50 x2 ,tc4 $ 75x 2 . if 1 hand then about $70-$75 at tc3 , tc4 $100 .this is just a general ramp for a 4.5/6 games .if it is 5/6 you can ramp up 1 step later. leave at tc0 or latest tc-1 if WONGING. YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO MAKE ENOUGH ev BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE A DECENT CHANCE OF NOT LOSING ALL .
    Nice post OP should consider taking a bit more money.

I just stay away from these debate that is going on lately. I am just playing my game as much/fast as i can and with as an high edge possible.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I just stay away from these debate that is going on lately. I am just playing my game as much/fast as i can and with as an high edge possible.
    don't blame you. Hope all is well

Id bring more money than 2k, espwcially if youre planning on playing 25minimum tables and have a 20k BR and want to make your play tome qorth it.

BJA3 like tthree said is an awesome book and has what youre looking for re wonging.

best opportunities will be off strip, if you have a car that is
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Thanks for the advice! My wife is going with me and I just don't think she would understand my losing more than 2K . I'm still trying to convince her that I actually know what I'm doing and will eventually win money IF I play enough. Funny you guys mentioned BJA - I just received it as a birthday gift yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardguy View Post
    Thanks for the advice! My wife is going with me and I just don't think she would understand my losing more than 2K . I'm still trying to convince her that I actually know what I'm doing and will eventually win money IF I play enough. Funny you guys mentioned BJA - I just received it as a birthday gift yesterday!
    Wives, as a rule, don't understand winning and losing. I never talk dollars with mine. She is getting much smarter on the topic though. Show her your records once a quarter or so, let her see the bumps and grinds, where the period started and where it ended. That's the beginning process. As for individual session results, lost a few bucks, made a few bucks, broke even, crushed them, got crushed, etc etc - don't give specific figures. This advice is predicated upon you actually playing a winning game. If your not, different suggestions.

Banned or Suspended

LOL,

Wifey learned years ago that should she ask me how

each trip had gone, she simply receives a response of:

"good", "very good", "excellent", "below average", or "lousy."

She never reacts to the grade I have given myself, as so to speak.

However she knows that my bankroll is kept in an F.C.U. Money

Market Account and is always above a low 6 figure threshold,

with excess cash transferred to our checking account that she

uses to dabble in E.T.F.'s as she can access the accounts on-line.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

LOL,

Wifey learned years ago that should she ask me how

each trip had gone, she simply receives a response of:

"good", "very good", "excellent", "below average", or "lousy."

She never reacts to the grade I have given myself, as so to speak.

However she knows that my bankroll is kept in an F.C.U. Money

Market Account and is always above a low 6 figure threshold,

with excess cash transferred to our checking account that she

uses to dabble in E.T.F.'s as she can access the accounts on-line.
    Wifey? That's pretty funny - my terminology is very similar.

I tell the wife about big wins, when I lose its generally "small loss" or "didn't go well today".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast