Thread: How to get exact Index Numbers to the decimal

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to get exact Index Numbers to the decimal

Hi,

I have CVCX, CVdata, and CVBJ... And i know how to get index numbers for hilo (i just use display charts in strategy) but im looking for the exact numbers with the decimals so they're not floored/rounded. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I was playing around with CVCX all day and couldnt find a way to do this.

Also, i was looking to get these with certain rules-- for multi deck... but i wasn't sure the numbers i have are correct either. If someone wouldnt mind helping with that thank you in advance.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Blackjack indices are not linear. The concept of an exact index is not very meaningful.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Your indices are just averaged metrics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Blackjack indices are not linear. The concept of an exact index is not very meaningful.
    As a practitioner of a level 2 count I have often looked at level 1 counts and thought using TC to 1 decimal seems like a good move to make things a little more comparable to the integer TC's of a level 2 count. Especially when bet ramps require large jumps from one TC to the next or the one decimal index is much more precise than the integer index. The reality is most index plays have modest EV gains very close to the index so for most playing decisions it probably isn't a big deal or worth carrying the math to an extra digit. I have heard some Hilo users say they have a few indices to 1 decimal accuracy. Usually that least significant digit is in the 4 to 6 range. But the betting issue of having huge jumps in adjacent betting bins in your ramp that are not necessary with a level 2 count would seem to beg for non integer TC betting bin barriers. Some use TC divisor as number of 2 decks left to double all the non-integer TC's just for this purpose. I think they used the term granularity.

Norm, Are you saying that your software won't support TC's to 1 decimal or did you unintentionally dodge the question because you don't think it is worth it? Like I said I see more potential value to a ramp that sets the floor for betting bins to 1 decimal so that a much smoother and natural looking progression of bets will be made without betting sub optimally.
    Last edited by Three; 11-03-2015 at 07:13 PM.

I don't think there is anyone who counts accurately enough to get a true count to one decimal. Depending on the number of decks and remaining cards, you could be talking about a 3 to 4 card difference in your divisor making a significant change in your true count decimals. I don't think anyone is that good.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    I don't think anyone is that good.
    Some are. I am sure not in that group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Norm, Are you saying that your software won't support TC's to 1 decimal or did you unintentionally dodge the question because you don't think it is worth it?
    Yes and yes.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I found a multi parameter index generator online, however it is only for H17, NDAS, NS.... it has decimals.... for some reason when i floor my indices i get a different number than a friend of mine..... i think he is using Risk Adverse calcs?

I am using CVdata as well as CVBJ for my indices, however both come up with different indices even when i put in the same rules..... they're close but they're not exactly the same. Any reason why?

Blog Entries

Generators like that are close, but not quite accurate. Certainly not accurate to decimals. CVBJ uses indices out of the books because that's what most people use. They are also not always accurate.