From an old note: RE: PE 16 vs. 7 and Hi-Opt I

I did NOT write this, but don't know who did.

if your basic strategy decision is "hit" good for dealer and player has no effect.

if your basic strategy decision is "stand" good for dealer and player has massive effect.

"good for both" screams "please hit me", as you are likely to make a hand, and the dealer is much less likely to break.

very difficult to test, because i would have to know how the original index was created in the first place.
for instance if he says +7 with an extra 7 in the deck, i'd have to know his original index number, and have a full understanding of how and why it is that number, and by what percentage the 7 would influence it. the trouble is, you can't create single parameter indexes by hand, and it would probably take a computer program to adjust for 7's.

for explanation as to why, take hi-lo index of 16 vs. 7 and try to piece it together for an index.

grouping (2-6) vs grouping (10's + ace)

distance til stand 6.06

effect of removals

2. 1.92 10. (-0.60)
3. 2.43 j. (-0.60)
4. 2.78 q. (-0.60)
5. 2.32 k. (-0.60)
6. (-1.80) A. 1.88

avg EOR = 1.53 AVG EOR = -0.104

not only is the small card grouping worth almost 15 TIMES the opposing value of high card grouping,

both they are made to "cancel out" by hi lo's system, when they obviously DO NOT.

only a computer simulation of at least 400,000,000 hands can possibly predict when you should stand

on this hand using hi - lo. A
s a result, i can't do much to test for accuracy without a computer program

made specifically for this purpose that allows input of side count adjustments.

although i could take a peek at some of the values to check that they at least make sense, and that they aren't

showing up as negative adjustment when they should be positive.

the other thing you can do, is to cross reference hi opt i's index value vs gordon's index value.

for instance if gordon says 16v7 is stand on 20 and hi opt I says stand on 15, and the 7 adjustment is +4

then i would use +3 for YOUR 7 adjustment.

in other words, keep the adjustment for the 7 PROPORTIONAL to gordon count's adjustment.