Thread: Deck estimation question in CVBJ

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Deck estimation question in CVBJ

Hi,

If I understand correctly, according to the free book, I round to the nearest full deck, correct?

Is there a way to do a deck estimation drill where it doesn't show exactly the full deck but I have to estimate to the nearest deck?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Hmm. I don't think so. Pretty sure I only show fractional decks when you are estimating to fractional decks in the drills.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Another quick question. Does the program count only full decks when you do your estimate? In other words, when I'm playing the in the game mode, it often looks like there is a little more than 2 decks remaining so I use 2 as my divisor but the computer says that there are 3 decks remaining. Am I estimating wrong or is this how the program works?

Blog Entries

You'll have to be more specific.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm,

Here's what I mean. I estimate the decks remaining to be a little more than 1 so I use 1 deck remaining. I have a running count of -10 so it should be -10/1 for a TC of -10. However the computer uses 2 decks remaining so it's gets a TC of -5.Screenshot (2).jpg

Blog Entries

Hard to read, but it looks like 1.58 decks left, rounding to 2.

So my deck estimation is just off then. OK, thanks.

Banjoclan I think it also depends on how you have your true count and deck estimation set up when you initially defined the game. Click on the bottom left "Menu" and then "Settings" and click the "True Count" tab.

You have to estimate the same way you set the game up.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    Banjoclan I think it also depends on how you have your true count and deck estimation set up when you initially defined the game. Click on the bottom left "Menu" and then "Settings" and click the "True Count" tab.

You have to estimate the same way you set the game up.
    I have the "floor" option under "True Count Division" and "Round" under "Deck Estimation". Using the FELT system as described in the book, should I be using "Truncate" under Deck Estimation?

Blog Entries

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Hard to read, but it looks like 1.58 decks left, rounding to 2.
    Good eye.