Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie question -basic strategy modification

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Rookie question -basic strategy modification

Hi guys,
    I am relatively new to the game and forum (although have been lurking posts for a bit). I had a question on basic strategy modifications for a game with the following custom rules - early surrender, Das but not for aces (only one card received after split), no hole card (original bet lost only). How do these rules change the standard basic strategy and is there a site where I can get the custom chart from? Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zugswang View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am relatively new to the game and forum (although have been lurking posts for a bit). I had a question on basic strategy modifications for a game with the following custom rules - early surrender, Das but not for aces (only one card received after split), no hole card (original bet lost only). How do these rules change the standard basic strategy and is there a site where I can get the custom chart from? Thanks a lot for your help!!!
    Somehow, I don't think your question is complete. If you're from North America, I will make the assumption that your Canadian.

If I am correct, is this ES everything or ES10. Most jurisdictions player loss original bets only against dealer blackjack. Does this apply to you? If not, you're likely from Saskatchewan, where dealer BJ takes all. Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Somehow, I don't think your question is complete. If you're from North America, I will make the assumption that your Canadian.

If I am correct, is this ES everything or ES10. Most jurisdictions player loss original bets only against dealer blackjack. Does this apply to you? If not, you're likely from Saskatchewan, where dealer BJ takes all. Please clarify.
    Actually, forget the Sakarchewan comment - don't think surrender is offered there.

"Most jurisdictions player loss [sic] original bets only against dealer blackjack. Does this apply to you?"

He said that it did: "no hole card (original bet lost only)."

Don

Banned or Suspended

I am strongly "hunching" that this is ES10,
    and is most probably in Eastern Europe.

Edit: Hunch re: venue is retracted.
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 10-07-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Yes dealer blackjack takes original bet only. You can't surrender against an ace but you can surrender against a face (and everything else). Also this aces can be split only once and you get one card only I have found to be really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Most jurisdictions player loss [sic] original bets only against dealer blackjack. Does this apply to you?"

He said that it did: "no hole card (original bet lost only)."

Don
    you're rught

So this is the standard shoe game, except that you may early surrender vs. dealer's 10. Do that when you hold hard 14 (including 7,7), 15, or 16 (including 8,8), and also surrender 16 v. 9. That's it. (Am assuming S17, which you didn't mention.) When you ask for advice, make sure to state ALL the rules as completely as possible.

Don

Sounds good thanks Don. I will be clearer next time. The game is actually H17. In addition to keeping in mind the surrendering you mentioned, in a H17 versus S17 are those the only other modifications to keep in mind: double on 11 versus ace and soft 18 versus 2 and soft 19 versus 6? Also if you are allowed only one card on split aces you still split them against an ace right? Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by zugswang; 10-07-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Banned or Suspended

H17 with ES10
    ?

Now my curiosity is piqued.

WHERE is this game
    ?

"In addition to keeping in mind the surrendering you mentioned, in a H17 versus S17 are these the only other modifications to keep in mind: double on 11 versus ace and soft 18 versus 2 and soft 19 versus 6?"

You got three out of the six changes. Other three are: surrender 15, 17, and 8,8 vs. Ace.

"Also if you are allowed only one card on split aces you still split them against an ace right?"

Yes.

"Thanks a lot!"

My pleasure.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

H17 with ES10
    ?

Now my curiosity is piqued.

WHERE is this game
    ?
    Lots of them in my neck of the woods

Banned or Suspended

Freightman,

I have never played in the western provinces of Canada.

Eastern provinces do not, in my experience, offer same.

What provinces offer ES10 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast