Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZenMaster_Flash Hospitalized

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ZenMaster_Flash Hospitalized

Flash has been hospitalized due to food poisoning. He already is in bad health, so this is not helpful in his frail condition. I know many of us owe him a great deal of appreciation for the countless hours of selflessness he has dedicated to the blackjack community, and to a lot of people individually in this forum- including myself.

Flash has been more than just a teacher. He has always been there for me on and off the felt, and for many people in their personal lives. He is more than just a teacher, he is a confidant, parent, friend, among many other titles; too many to list.

I'm sure many of us owe him gratitude which could never be repaid in the countless efforts he has dedicated to us- his students.

I wish Flash a speedy recovery, and he is in my thoughts and prayers.

Banned or Suspended

This is not your run of the mill food poisoning but a "protoplasmic" poisoning by way of a wild mushroom.
    Bacteria / virii are not involved. Untreated, fatality rates are around 50%, but treated that drops to 10%.
    Tonight they are doing scans of just about all of my organs. I will survive but it looks like any combination of liver / kidney / pancreas damage will be the result. Too soon to tell. This is not fun. I will spare the reader any descriptions of my symptoms.

Feel better soon Flash. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

get well soon. I am looking forward to meeting you next month in AC or December in Vegas.
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by WABJ11 View Post

I wish Flash a speedy recovery, and he is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ditto...A great coach get more out of players than they think they have "in" themselves. Flash is a great Coach. Hang in there Flasher, you have more "in" you than you think.

Never had a chance to meet him ,but have benefit from his advice. Hope you get well soon ,Flash.

Rest, sleep, drink lots of water, though that might be tough - be well

Banned or Suspended

Now the diagnosis appears to be acute pancreatitis;
    and that is very good news since it is a condition that
    is easy to resolve.

Is this some of that galloping gourmet thing that you had to go eat some strange whacked out deadly poison during certain times of year mushroom that'll give you the runs and whatever else you have going on with this? If you die on me, do I have dibs on your library? Give me a call at some point, liver and any other organs permitting?
    Last edited by Tarzan; 10-03-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Pancreatitis sounds painful, but fixable. Try to keep a good attitude. Seems to help.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Wish you the best Zenmaster. Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodboy View Post
    Wish you the best Zenmaster. Get well soon!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Now the diagnosis appears to be acute pancreatitis;
    and that is very good news since it is a condition that
    is easy to resolve.
    Wow those mushrooms must have been bad if pancreatitis is considered a good thing. My wife got that a few years ago and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I wish you well flash that is not a good way to spend the weekend. Take it easy and get back on your feet soon.
    "No sir, I have no experience, but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in." -Adam Sandler

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast