See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AP protocols

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

AP protocols

I was playing a nice heads up game yesterday with a counter friendly dealer. Some dickwad came up behind me, standing there like a vulture fir a couple of shoes. I asked him if he was playing, and if not, would he kindly buzz off. Petzel head just stood there with a blank look on his face.

It had to be clear to this putz that I'm counting - so - what does this schlemiel do? The schmendrick hops in at a positive count and pounds 2 hands at 50. Least thimble dick could have done was to put down a proper spread. I made a subtle comment to him, as is my want to do, but the schmuck didn't get the message, or rather, didn't want to, instead, spreading to 3x125 (5 times min) I had significantly more on the table. Shithead was eating up great cards with a low spread.

Anyways, peckerhead had totally pissed me off - clearly having no clue. Notwithstanding his total lack of index play, his manner mirrored that of swine dining in the pigpen. Shoe ending, I coloured up, subtly mentioning that i didn't want to play with this asshole. Funny thing was - he got up as well.

Question, even with shithead totally ignoring AP protocol, should I have left in a positive shoe - and for that matter, could I have been more assertive in my subtle comments?

Tongue in cheek post.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was playing a nice heads up game yesterday with a counter friendly dealer. Some dickwad came up behind me, standing there like a vulture fir a couple of shoes. I asked him if he was playing, and if not, would he kindly buzz off. Petzel head just stood there with a blank look on his face.

It had to be clear to this putz that I'm counting - so - what does this schlemiel do? The schmendrick hops in at a positive count and pounds 2 hands at 50. Least thimble dick could have done was to put down a proper spread. I made a subtle comment to him, as is my want to do, but the schmuck didn't get the message, or rather, didn't want to, instead, spreading to 3x125 (5 times min) I had significantly more on the table. Shithead was eating up great cards with a low spread.

Anyways, peckerhead had totally pissed me off - clearly having no clue. Notwithstanding his total lack of index play, his manner mirrored that of swine dining in the pigpen. Shoe ending, I coloured up, subtly mentioning that i didn't want to play with this asshole. Funny thing was - he got up as well.

Question, even with shithead totally ignoring AP protocol, should I have left in a positive shoe - and for that matter, could I have been more assertive in my subtle comments?

Tongue in cheek post.
    I don't know where it was but I do know some big bettors, if they are playing heads up, ask the pit and succeed in getting NMSE. I don't wong in but I have seen such bettors, when they see gawkers behind, ask the dealer and/pit to do so.

Since the shoe fits as already positive, maybe you could have tried it.

on another note, how different is it when one AP does not appreciate someone jumping into his positive shoe while finding it perfectly okay to go to a good game at a local joint used by local AP's at tolerant levels and burn down that game, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I don't know where it was but I do know some big bettors, if they are playing heads up, ask the pit and succeed in getting NMSE. I don't wong in but I have seen such bettors, when they see gawkers behind, ask the dealer and/pit to do so.

Since the shoe fits as already positive, maybe you could have tried it.

on another note, how different is it when one AP does not appreciate someone jumping into his positive shoe while finding it perfectly okay to go to a good game at a local joint used by local AP's at tolerant levels and burn down that game, just asking.
    1. I did ask the pit - they said nothing they could do.
    2. Never said I was burning the joint down. I'm a miller, not a slasher - or is that - lover not a fighter.
    3. As for wonging in on ploppies - that simply assists them in losing at a slightly quicker rate.

Banned or Suspended

Sorry about the tough day freighter. But I gotta say this may be the most hiliarious "worded" thread I've ever read. Sounds to me like some goon was sent from upstairs to mess with you. That demeanor of the "deer in the headlights" look of a player has been a sign for me in that past...And typically, when I walked away (thinking what you were saying) they followed.

I had once instance where a guy came up to the table stood right next to me, so close his cigarette smoke is coming up in my face and started watching me play. I just folded my arms and stopped playing. The dealers asks if I'm going to bet. I said "no, not unless the you get rid of Goober." Dealer replies to Goober, "this ain't a spectator sport pal, beat it."

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Tongue in cheek post.
    How do you know he wasn't an AP as well and just wonging your game? Or maybe you did, thats why you brought up him not knowing any index plays? Well that's besides the fact, to answer your question, NO, you should have not left a positive count regardless whats going on. An advantage is still an advantage, he could have easily took all the garbage small cards and you would've got all the big ones. At the end of the day, just because it's a big true count, no one knows if the cards are even behind the cut card or in your case if someone joins whether or not he will take all the small cards and you get the big ones or vice versa. An advantage is an advantage, as long as it's not a crowded table, pound away with the plastic in front of you. As for him having a small spread, i disagree, if hes wonging hard, a 1-2 and 1-3 spread is sufficient to make a nice hourly especially if it's 2x50-3x125. Off the top of my head, with average rules and pen, that should be good for about 60 bucks an hour give or take

Zen King, you did not get it right, he never said the intruder was using a small spread, just that he was a smaller, much smaller, bettor. You are right about not leaving a positive count but sometimes, whether because of fatigue or losses, we start getting irritated by other players. To me, it's a sign that I am off and it's time to cut the session short and go home.

Sounds like your friend, Schlemiel [what an odd name?] isn't even a card-counter or AP.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Petzel head just stood there with a blank look on his face.
    So he was acting like there weren't other players at the table?
    May the cards fall in your favor.

Not to highjack, but was thinking about this issue and reading https://www.blackjackincolor.com/othereffects1.htm, which suggests some capture of value by the wonger, but also shows that win rate goes down dramatically at TC +5. Am I stupid that I thought increasing TC meant increasing advantage? Can Norm answer this? I can see why win rate would go down at astronomical +TC because of all the pushes, but wouldn't have thought it would be so early. Am I reading this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Sorry about the tough day freighter. But I gotta say this may be the most hiliarious "worded" thread I've ever read. Sounds to me like some goon was sent from upstairs to mess with you. That demeanor of the "deer in the headlights" look of a player has been a sign for me in that past...And typically, when I walked away (thinking what you were saying) they followed.

I had once instance where a guy came up to the table stood right next to me, so close his cigarette smoke is coming up in my face and started watching me play. I just folded my arms and stopped playing. The dealers asks if I'm going to bet. I said "no, not unless the you get rid of Goober." Dealer replies to Goober, "this ain't a spectator sport pal, beat it."
    Dumbass was definitely on his own. He had to be the dumbest counter I've ever seen.ill respond to ZenKings silly response. There will be more info there.

Anyways, my out if town biz trip is over - I'm going to relax with a glass of wine - looks like $180/hr over 22 hours after all expenses, including the trip home. Now, if I hadn't got trounced last night, woulda coulda shoulda been better.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    How do you know he wasn't an AP as well and just wonging your game? Or maybe you did, thats why you brought up him not knowing any index plays? Well that's besides the fact, to answer your question, NO, you should have not left a positive count regardless whats going on. An advantage is still an advantage, he could have easily took all the garbage small cards and you would've got all the big ones. At the end of the day, just because it's a big true count, no one knows if the cards are even behind the cut card or in your case if someone joins whether or not he will take all the small cards and you get the big ones or vice versa. An advantage is an advantage, as long as it's not a crowded table, pound away with the plastic in front of you. As for him having a small spread, i disagree, if hes wonging hard, a 1-2 and 1-3 spread is sufficient to make a nice hourly especially if it's 2x50-3x125. Off the top of my head, with average rules and pen, that should be good for about 60 bucks an hour give or take
    I thought I made it reasonably clear that dung heap was a counter, and quite likely the dumbest dickwad I've ever seen. Peanut Brain, when he Wongs in, pulls out his wad (no, not that one) and pulls 2 or 300 from what seemed to be a 5k folded stash. Ploppies don't carry that kind of cash. With a monster count, he spreads from 2x50 to 3x25, with lots of cash. This guy is a qualified candidate for a frontal lobotomy. It was a process that he repeated a couple of times, no doubt aided by his fear of making the right play, preferring the ridiculous approach likely praying for the never ending miracle he do desperately craved.

There are some who may construe that he did not make my favoured top 64 list of preferred table mates. You may give yourself a star, if that is in fact the case.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Tongue in cheek post.

from the tone of your post I KNOW:
    1.) he won
    2.) you lost
    3.) you blame him
    4.) you are bitter
    5.) you waste time 'calculating' what could have been (ie. if he didn't hit, or knew the proper index play, took MY Ace/ten, etc,etc,etc.)
    6.) he took your cards
    7.) you think what other players do effect you in the long run
    8.) you don't really understand the math of the game

GOOD LUCK,

Sharky
    Last edited by Sharky; 09-07-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    from the tone of your post I KNOW:
    1.) he won
    2.) you lost
    3.) you blame him
    4.) you are bitter
    5.) you waste time 'calculating' what could have been (ie. if he didn't hit, or knew the proper index play, took MY Ace/ten, etc,etc,etc.)
    6.) he took your cards
    7.) you think what other players do effect you in the long run
    8.) you don't really understand the math of the game

GOOD LUCK,

Sharky
    Actually, your wrong on every single point, though I was pretty disgusted. Congratulations. Bad enough that numb nuts clearly broke AP protocol - he was to damn stupid to take advantage of a golden opportunity. Yeah - he did cost me me money by eating good cards on the shoe, though I still did very well. The shame of it is he didn't take advantage of his good fortune - and given the circumstance, plus taking other factors into account, the silly heathen was truly an idiot.

Final point - gopher breath clearly had me pegged - what I did not elaborate was that the counter friendly dealer was giving me great pen, and numb nuts likely knew that ( though I would have to do some further checking on that point)
    Last edited by Freightman; 09-07-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: To add last paragraph

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast