See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: side counts

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

side counts

I am a newer player using Hi-Lo at 6 deck S17 DAS RSA NS and sometimes H17 DAS RSA NS games. If I were to side count aces, would I still count aces in the hi lo system or would I remove that tag? If I removed it, would I remove the tag on 2 to retain the balance of the count? Are there other cards that have a high EOR that would be beneficial to side count? I think of 7 for hitting 12-14 v. 10. Is it a better use of time to learn a new count? I'm not trying to re-start the "which count" debate, just trying to add power to my game.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyned View Post
    If I were to side count aces, would I still count aces in the hi lo system or would I remove that tag?
    You would still cont aces in the main count and would get little benefit other than more accurate insurance from the side count.
    If I removed it, would I remove the tag on 2 to retain the balance of the count?
    This is a count called Hiopt1. It is designed for pitch games using multiple side counts.
    You could use 2 balanced counts in a linear application. Count Hiopt1 as the playing count and a balanced level 1 ace side count, A -1 and 2 +1. Add the 2 RC's and you get Hilo RC for accurate betting. Most playing decisions are more accurate using Hiopt1. Decisions like doubling 10's, splitting 9,9 or doubling 9's would be better served using the combined count. You can learn Hiopt1 indices and use them for Hilo.
    Are there other cards that have a high EOR that would be beneficial to side count?
    Not many people side count other cards in shoe games. There are benefits to side counting them and knowing that the deck is in balance but the gain in pitch games is much stronger and for some people keeping multiple side counts for the length of time it takes to play through a shoe is taxing.
    Is it a better use of time to learn a new count? I'm not trying to re-start the "which count" debate, just trying to add power to my game.
    Well the suggestion of 2 balanced counts is a little trickier counting but is really not hard to get used to. The indices are very similar and many use Hilo for shoe games and Hiopt1 possibly with multiple side counts for pitch games but use Hiopt1 indices for both. The indices are that similar. The 2 balanced count strategy gives you the betting strength of Hilo and A PE in the low to mid .6's rather than .51 of Hilo.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Honestly, for a shoe game, RPC/FELT would be a much better way to use an "advanced" count and gain some EV. Side counting aces is not as important in a shoe game, while the greater betting efficiency is more important.
    The Cash Cow.