Thread: Split 6's v7 and 7's v8?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Split 6's v7 and 7's v8?

Came across a basic strategy calculator for a double deck (hit soft 17, double after split) that claims you should split 6's v7, and 7's v8. This is the first I had seen this so I just wanted to see if this is how people are playing it?

EDIT: I'm guessing there aren't too many of these games (double deck that you can double after splitting).
    Last edited by doffing81; 08-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.

"Came across a basic strategy calculator for a double deck (hit soft 17, double after split) that claims you should split 6's v7, and 7's v8. This is the first I had seen this so I just wanted to see if this is how people are playing it?"

You don't care about how "people are playing it"; rather, you care about whether it's correct or not. Who cares how "people are playing it"? It's correct for DD, DAS, whether H17 or S17.

"EDIT: I'm guessing there aren't too many of these games (double deck that you can double after splitting)."

Not all that rare.

Don

Banned or Suspended

doffing81,

It is CRUCIALLY important to understand the correct Basic Strategy for ALL of the BJ games that you will encounter.

Your statement ... "I'm guessing there aren't too many of these games (double deck that you can double after splitting)."
    indicates that you have played in VERY few locales. Personally, I have played DD games coast to coast and I know that
    I have only played DD game that was NDAS (no double after split) but compensated for it with deep penetration and S17.
    Obviously there are such poor games that will restrict your Doubles After Splits; but note that WORSE is when you cannot
    double on Soft Hands, and that is more commonplace; and must be avoided.

Yeah, that is a weird rule set. Flash is correct, it's best to know the proper BS for your game. However, just knowing the major variations (surrender, hit or stand soft 17, and double/no double after split) is most of the battle.

You're not lighting money on fire if you don't split 77 v. 8 in a DD DAS game, or if you fail to double A3 v. 4 in a DD H17 game.

Honestly, if you just played basic strategy for a 6d S17 shoe game, you'd probably not be off by more than a quarter percent in almost any game.
    The Cash Cow.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    "... you'd probably not be off by more than a quarter percent in almost any game"
    That is a significant figure -- 0.25% !

These are rare hands and the difference in equity isn't all that large even on that individual hand. It's more like .01%. With that said, you might as well know.

"Obviously there are such poor games that will restrict your Doubles After Splits; but note that WORSE is when you cannot double on Soft Hands. ..."

Hmm. What's the penalty to the BS player for not being able to DAS? For not being able to soft double? Which one is worse??

Don

Banned or Suspended

I stand corrected. Bad day all around. TWICE my brain misfired. L O L

"TWICE my brain misfired."

Note: Your brain misfiring is probably more efficient than 99% of brains firing on all cylinders!

Don

Banned or Suspended

Don,

I'd have agreed with you if you had written 98%, but 99% ? Impossible ! L. O. L.