See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10k Hail Marry Roll

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

10k Hail Marry Roll

Hail Mary approach:

Starting bankrolls is only 10k I will add to the roll only when it stoops to 4k. In the event where I need to add to the roll I would make sure it was back to the original start point.

As for adding winnings, I will add wins at 35% per winning session / losing sessions I don't add until I'm 60% down from starting roll.

I am
    Not necessarily trying to double my bank. I just don't have the time to sit at tables and 'grind' so I want to play with a higher hourly EV.

As far as RoR and n0: in this situation they don't mean much to me considering the roll is easily replenished and I'm not trying to achieve a specific dollar amount before moving on to future endeavors.

Now for the ramp it would consist of the following.

Starting at $100x1 there will be no ramp until the true count exceeds +2, then I would go to 250x2. Immediate wong out @ -1 even if there are two decks remaining & the count calls for a Wong out. Only time there would be no wong out is pen is 5.25/6, dealers flashing, etc,.

I don't have a session win limit nor a concern with exposure considering I'm not doing the 'typical CC' ramp (100 to 200 to 400 to 800.) As for a loss limit anytime there's a session where more than six Max bets are lost the session would end and get recorded. I am not a fan of stop limits but in this situation I would considering I do not want to piss away $10,000 in one sitting and the fact that I'll only be playing ~40 hours a week tops, at least until the winter months .

Let me know if this even makes sense. Don't take the $10,000 starting roll in effect when giving your opinion as to why/why i should not try this, and instead look at this as a Hail Mary easily replenished roll.

Thanks 0c2
    Last edited by Orangechip2; 08-17-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Your ramp is 1x100 to 2x250?

Hail mary approach?

Hmm...no, does not compute.

I think 'hail mary' meaning: You got a huge hourly EV but also a large ROR. You have low hourly EV and large ROR. Not good.

You can't bet quarters and spread? Or wong-in?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Is this a hypothetical or has your situation changed drastically from what I remember as your posting history to be? Don't look to me for help with replenishable BR approach. I have no experience there and little education other than broad theory. I would be speaking from somewhat of a position of ignorance.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    . I would be speaking from somewhat of a position of ignorance.
    Why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Your ramp is 1x100 to 2x250?

Hail mary approach?

Hmm...no, does not compute.

I think 'hail mary' meaning: You got a huge hourly EV but also a large ROR. You have low hourly EV and large ROR. Not good.

You can't bet quarters and spread? Or wong-in?

i could do both. The only problem is I have been working more and playing less- so when I find the time to go I wanted to play for higher stakes, instead of my usual spread.

Just a thought- thanks for response.
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Is this a hypothetical or has your situation changed drastically from what I remember as your posting history to be? Don't look to me for help with replenishable BR approach. I have no experience there and little education other than broad theory. I would be speaking from somewhat of a position of ignorance.
    more hypothetical I guess . Just one of those random thoughts I had and thought there is some $ to be made if I attempted . With not playing in anything less than -1TC and flat betting until > TC2 x2 spots I think there is money to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Why stop now?
    Excellent contribution to thread quality. Congratulations on an outstanding post.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Excellent contribution to thread quality. Congratulations on an outstanding post.
    This from a guy, who for a solid year did nothing on the other site, but trash talk and drag the entire site into the gutter, until such point that he was banned from a site, where it is nearly impossible to be banned from. You have some mighty large testicles.

Since that banning, and you taking up residency here you clearly support Mr know-it-all and have gone out of your way to criticize me.

I just can't help but wonder why it is necessary for a guy to jump into a discussion JUST to say that I don't have any experience or know anything about this subject. Where is your 'problem' with "contribution to thread quality" on that one?

BTW, if you are concerned about post quality, my 'helpful rating' is above 90%, among the best on the site. What's yours?
    Last edited by KJ; 08-17-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Why stop now?
    I assume this was some crude attempt at humor rather than you showing who you have become. It is sad if you are the bitter vindictive person you have tried to act like you are recently. You know I never speak from ignorance and call myself ignorant where it fits. Everything I post is my experience and is well researched before I post. I am not one to parrot dated wisdom as many do today. I was hoping for better posts on your rare posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangechip2 View Post
    more hypothetical I guess . Just one of those random thoughts I had and thought there is some $ to be made if I attempted . With not playing in anything less than -1TC and flat betting until > TC2 x2 spots I think there is money to be made.
    White rabbit you describe works well. I would think you need more of a spread. Wonging in is better suited to flat betting or the mild ramp you suggest than white rabbit. You want to get the money out in a deeply dealt shoe game when that big advantage happens. The count can stay near neutral for a long time. I think your idea is heading in the right direction but not the specific bets you mentioned. I am guessing $100 table NMSE . A good count and a 1 to 6 spread will do it for S17. Like 1x100 to 2x450. I would be leery of anything spread less especially if it isn't H17. The pen makes it worth the effort but you don't want the exposure without the payday.

Why stop now?
    Define "modern game".

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
    define "modern game".
    6D/8D h17 das

This from a guy, who for a solid year did nothing on the other site, but trash talk and drag the entire site into the gutter, until such point that he was banned from a site, where it is nearly impossible to be banned from. You have some mighty large testicles.

Since that banning, and you taking up residency here you clearly support Mr know-it-all and have gone out of your way to criticize me.

I just can't help but wonder why it is necessary for a guy to jump into a discussion JUST to say that I don't have any experience or know anything about this subject. Where is your 'problem' with "contribution to thread quality" on that one?

BTW, if you are concerned about post quality, my 'helpful rating' is above 90%, among the best on the site. What's yours?
    You are far to sensitive - and for the record, I don't support one of you over the other with respect to theoretical commentary. However, you have displayed a series of non stop hissy fits. Quit, don't quit, I really don't give a shit, but just do what you say you are going to do. Now - let's be frank - you don't like TThree, and just to confirm my prior comments - I really don't give a shit on that either, however , you made a point to participate on a very recent, and I think, still current thread with regards to your declared expertise on a particular matter. Fine, no problem. This comment to TThree was nothing more than a KJ hissy fit cheap shot directed to someone who is diametrically opposite to you in philosophy. In other words, you have a hardon for this guy. I should have given you a helpful rating on that post, since that concept appears important to you, however, I digress.

Now, this post I am responding to is the third time that you have mentioned my getting bounced from the other site, so perhaps it's time that we address that issue. No, dont think either Al or Norm would appreciate it, and believe me when I say, that I would speak my mind - so, Only to make a point, without getting into it - my right to freedom of religion, speech, where and how I live do not extend to my supposed rights to refer to you as a pedophile or sexual deviant, to eat shit and die, or to go masterbate in a field. There are those on the other site who believe it their God given right to say all of these things, to slander and defame, without fear of retribution. I, for one, take exception to that bullshit. Board admin, apparently does not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast