See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zen Count TC per deck indices

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Zen Count TC per deck indices

Fellow counters,

I like to use the Zen count cause it is a good count to use for double deck games and shoe games. Now I have heard that the original count per deck performs better than quarter deck. Could anyone direct me where I can find the TC indices true counting per whole deck?

Thanks for your help

TBST

The Cash Cow.

Each True Count for Zen is worth roughly 0.32% swing in expectation.

Banned or Suspended

I used the ZEN Count for the first decade and a half of my Pro career.

Hence, my handle !

The most attractive thing about the ZEN Count is that it is a powerful

count for shoe games and pitch games as well, without side-counts !

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

I used the ZEN Count for the first decade and a half of my Pro career.

Hence, my handle !

The most attractive thing about the ZEN Count is that it is a powerful

count for shoe games and pitch games as well, without side-counts !
    I've been playing UBZ4 with sidecounted Aces in SP21!

Banned or Suspended

Jabberwocky,

you said: "I've been playing UBZ4 with side counted Aces in SP21!"

What are the tags that you are using - I am unfamiliar with "UBZ4"

Quote Originally Posted by TBST View Post
    Fellow counters,

I like to use the Zen count cause it is a good count to use for double deck games and shoe games. Now I have heard that the original count per deck performs better than quarter deck. Could anyone direct me where I can find the TC indices true counting per whole deck?

Thanks for your help

TBST
    The link posted by Moo321 is what you need. If you'd like more literature on the TC version of Zen, you would need Arnold Synder's 1st edition of 'Black Belt in Blackjack'. The 1st edition isn't easy to find, but I purchased a used copy on Abebooks.com. I use Zen and started off learning TE indices, after reading Synder's 3rd edition of BBIB. After some research and consulting other forum members, I understand that the TC version indices are more powerful, so I had to re-learn my index plays. Good luck.

count per deck with Zen

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post

Thanks for the post from both of you according my Zen question. Now dividing by whole decks in Zen means that 3.5 decks left need to be rounded by 4 doing nearest whole deck estimation in Zen. Do we do that also in pitch games?

Thanks clearing that up.

TBST

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You should be able to do the math for 3.5 decks left with no rounding. Think multiplication. You can either use 7 for even TC's and floor the TC to the nearest whole number TC. Like RC +33, the events of 7 are 28 (TC +4*2 = +8, you multiply by 2 because you are getting the even TC's) and 35 (TC +5*2 = +10). The nearest is +10 but you are short of the RC of +35 so the floored TC is +9. If you were over the nearest even TC then you would floor to that TC, i.e. RC +30 floored to TC +4. If you do this enough you won't even be doing any math. You will just know the TC without thinking about it. Most of use know the multiplication tables by heart and just know the answers to all the multiples of any deck remaining estimate. If you want to skip the multiplication just memorize the sequence for each deck remaining possible. It is just a matter of knowing which in the series corresponds to the multiple that will become your TC. There are so many different ways you can work any math problem you should be able to rework any math problem you have to do at the tables to be another problem you find easy for you. You should be able to get to where you really don't have to think about any math. You just know the answer. I like to think of it as a train with so many seats on each car. You have a number and need to figure out which car the seat number is in. With all the deck estimations as 8 or less left you should just know what the highest seat number is in each car without thinking about it. If a series of multiples is not intuitive study them until you know them in your sleep. I think most could do multiples of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8. Only 7 might take some extra study but most probably know the multiples of 7 as well. I don't even think in terms of TC boundaries. I reduce the index to a RC for the current deck penetration or think about what RC's are the bet increment boundaries. Then I just compare the RC's so I never convert the current RC to anything. I always have the current RC as my only thought about where we are.

Banned or Suspended

TBST,

yousaid:

" ... dividing by whole decks in Zen means that 3.5 decks left need to be rounded by 4 doing nearest whole deck estimation in Zen. Do we do that also in pitch games?"

Learn to "FLOOR" as "Rounding" is starkly inferior.

In a pitch game you will be doing True Counts by less than one deck,

or you are playing the wrong games !

In order to divide by a fraction flip that little fraction over and multiply.

e.g.:

.5 decks remain 1/2 becomes 2/1 so you double your Running Count.
    .3 decks remain
    1/3 becomes 3/1 so you triple your Running Count.
    .2 decks remain 1/5 becomes 5/1 so you quintuple your Running Count.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Jabberwocky,

you said: "I've been playing UBZ4 with side counted Aces in SP21!"

What are the tags that you are using - I am unfamiliar with "UBZ4"
    The tags:

0 0 3 3 2 1 0 -2 -2 0

Whats the betting correlation for the zen count with true count conversion. For example if I wanted to have a $10 min with a 12 unit spread.
    Do I keep raising one unit after +1 true count?

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    nwkfern69,

An optimal betting spread needs to be computer generated.

However, here is a simple workable approximation.

Take the house edge as your starting point.

There are numerous on-line methods for you to

determine that, including one at this web-site.

From that figure, (hopefully below 0.41%),

you have your starting point - your disadvantage at a ZERO True Count.

The Zen Count provides an average shift in advantage of approx. .33%

So ... if you are playing a game with a House Edge of 0.56% at True Count

+1 you have reduced the House Edge from 0.56% to 0.23% [-0.56%] - [+0.33%] = -
    0.23%

At TC -1 the House Edge has worsened to 0.89%. "Do the math."

At TC +2 the H. E. has changed (-0.56%) + (0.66%) = +0.10% A sliver of advantage.

So ... you have a break-even game at TC +2 You do NOT bet more than minimally.

Placing your Maximum Bet at a 2% advantage is a very reasonable plan.

If there was no House Edge (L.O.L.) that 2% would be achieved at TC + 6 [0.33 X 6 = 1.98%]

BUT, you must first deduct the House Edge. With the example being used here TC +8 works.

TC + 8 [0.33 X 8 = 2.64%] - [0.56%] = 2.08%

The TC's between +3 and +8 will form your betting ramp.

If penetration is very poor you will need to be aggressive with setting the bets for each TC

If penetration is very good you can be be conservative with setting the betting levels at each TC

The known or suspected levels of "Heat" have the same effect on your better spread.

Your Bankroll is the most important aspect, as it relates directly to your R.O.R.

That is your "Risk of Ruin." Basically: your probability of doubling your bankroll

compared to the probability of losing it all. A quick and approximate way to look

at this crucial issue is to have between 800 and 1,400 "units" (minimum bets) and

between 100 and 120 "maximum bets"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast