See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic bashing of site and Norm on other forum..

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Pathetic bashing of site and Norm on other forum..

The "other" forum just had a thread bashing this site, a bit of Norm included. My understanding is that some of the experienced but egotistical AP's tried to come on this site and take over as resident experts, found that this site already had competent experts, did not get the worship they wanted. Some quit, others still lurk here. They bashed everyone here. They took comments I made, out of context, tried to use me to ridicule the site. They took a shot or two at T3 as well.

To me, the site monitors over there do not see the harm that comes from the cyber bullying that comes when someone shares anything (cause the few egotists start bullying when any newbie or even an intermediate).

Sad to see a great site limit itself to some 20 regular AP's who hammer away at anyone who tries posting over there. They have a great need to put others (Norm, this site etc.) down to feel good about themselves.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No need to do the same here.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm, the other site has a lot of good information just as yours is. I actually owe my small success to the archives and to posters there. It's just that many are harsh on you when you share mistakes made or admit you doubled for less or some such sharing. If, as I did, you have a need to learn and can see the good information that some still provide, then it's worth it but the egos are high there. I learned a lot from many including KJ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    An anonymous twitter user recently called actor James Woods a cocaine addict and Woods is suing.
    And I thought he was just being stingy when he told me he had nothing.
    Last edited by Norm; 08-03-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

If the other site you refer is the one with the 90s collapsible thread format...laugh everytime i go there...those in glass houses should not cast stones

Humorous thread. As I'm not welcome on the other site, for shits and giggles, let me see if I can figure this out.

There was a thread a few weeks ago, which apparently stimulated the departure of 3 respected posters. Bjarg, who doesn't need this site, and from anything I've seen or known about, has credentials above reproach. 21for me, another respected lposter, also with very good credentials, whom I believe plays fearlessly in the hi limit rooms, and from what I can gather, knows his market quite well. I rather like him, though he does seem to have this continual hardon for Zee, an almost mold like fascination (inside joke for those in the know) KJ the grinder, another pro who has earned his stripes so to speak - yet has displayed numerous temper tantrums over the years. Interestingly enough, the thread in question, if I recall correctly, had KJ stating several times that he had quit the board - yet he continued to post. Personally, if you're going to quit, then quit, and don't drag it out over several posts.

So, if a bashing thread has started on the other site, my money is on KJ to start it. If he has started it, then he is continuing to lurk on this site - and again - if you say you're going to quit, then quit, and don't be a crybaby about it.

Granted, I'm only having fun hypothesizing, and if I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to make a donation to our local homeless shelter, a charity that I know KJ supports in his local market. Personally, I would like to see all 3 of these individuals return, albeit without the dramatics.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    To be fair Zee, most of the criticism given to you was warranted. Your ignorance on the subjects is what made you into a perceived troll. Nobody likes a troll.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by muckz View Post
    To be fair Zee, most of the criticism given to you was warranted. Your ignorance on the subjects is what made you into a perceived troll. Nobody likes a troll.
    Warranted or not, Zee bashing is a sport relished by some. The object is unimportant, only the sport itself which arouses those individuals.

I think that Zee is overreacting. I find it hilarious that he had to run back and tattle on this forum about his account of the events. I think that HE is the one taking things outta context. Most of comments in that thread had merit. No one bashed Norm- there was some speculation as to his intentions on this forum- which I don't deem to be relevant- who cares, you use the forum, it's none of your business what his intentions are!

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    Donald Trump - King of the Trolls. Oh, by the way, has he told you he has 9 billion dollars? He could have had a lot more if it wasn't for me at his tables back in the day. that was a joke
    Hope IRS tax him accordingly.

Blog Entries

There are some quite humorous claims in that thread. KJ went into great detail in his claims that I only want new players and people pushing complex strategies on BJTF so I can sell them software. Apparently, this is behind my “agenda” of allowing discussion of DHM-like strategies, like T3’s. One problem with that logic. My software doesn’t support DHM-like strategies. Never has and likely never will. These posts they hate so much only harm me, not help me. But, they don’t violate policy – so they stay.

Second, folks keep comparing the free pages here with the paid pages there. Haven’t seen anyone compare the free pages there with the paid pages here. Posts are cherry-picked for ridicule, like the post that asks about “playing Hooter's BJ games of all places”. That post was made by a person at an agency that hires out girls like the ones at Hooters. I left it up for humor value.

KJ also notes that the list of members that have visited in the last 24 hours has decreased, which he suggests means the board is failing. There is a very good reason it has decreased. We have switched to a CDN which has an enormous blacklist, updated constantly, and scores of rules that examine incoming traffic to exclude bots. Further, I have been banning IPs on a daily basis for a couple of months, and keep changing the registration page and questions to stop new membership bots. I’m delighted to say the number of fake members has decreased enormously. Our real traffic has increased, subscribers continue to sign up, and we are at the highest number of subscribers.

KJ actually claimed there are only one or two “real deal” players here.

Basically, these are claims based on nothing more than imagination and misunderstandings. But, I have no intention of correcting it on that site. Yes, he may be misleading people there, and that is too bad for them. But, if I respond there, it will simply start another site war. And, that is something I have fought against for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There are some quite humorous claims in that thread. KJ went into great detail in his claims that I only want new players and people pushing complex strategies on BJTF so I can sell them software. Apparently, this is behind my “agenda” of allowing discussion of DHM-like strategies, like T3’s. One problem with that logic. My software doesn’t support DHM-like strategies. Never has and likely never will. These posts they hate so much only harm me, not help me. But, they don’t violate policy – so they stay.

Second, folks keep comparing the free pages here with the paid pages there. Haven’t seen anyone compare the free pages there with the paid pages here. Posts are cherry-picked for ridicule, like the post that asks about “playing Hooter's BJ games of all places”. That post was made by a person at an agency that hires out girls like the ones at Hooters. I left it up for humor value.

KJ also notes that the list of members that have visited in the last 24 hours has decreased, which he suggests means the board is failing. There is a very good reason it has decreased. We have switched to a CDN which has an enormous blacklist, updated constantly, and scores of rules that examine incoming traffic to exclude bots. Further, I have been banning IPs on a daily basis for a couple of months, and keep changing the registration page and questions to stop new membership bots. I’m delighted to say the number of fake members has decreased enormously. Our real traffic has increased, subscribers continue to sign up, and we are at the highest number of subscribers.

KJ actually claimed there are only one or two “real deal” players here.

Basically, these are claims based on nothing more than imagination and misunderstandings. But, I have no intention of correcting it on that site. Yes, he may be misleading people there, and that is too bad for them. But, if I respond there, it will simply start another site war. And, that is something I have fought against for over a decade.
    Appears I'm right on several counts

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Humorous thread. As I'm not welcome on the other site, for shits and giggles, let me see if I can figure this out.

KJ the grinder, another pro who has earned his stripes so to speak - yet has displayed numerous temper tantrums over the years. Interestingly enough, the thread in question, if I recall correctly, had KJ stating several times that he had quit the board - yet he continued to post. Personally, if you're going to quit, then quit, and don't drag it out over several posts.

So, if a bashing thread has started on the other site, my money is on KJ to start it. If he has started it, then he is continuing to lurk on this site - and again - if you say you're going to quit, then quit, and don't be a crybaby about it.

Granted, I'm only having fun hypothesizing, and if I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to make a donation to our local homeless shelter, a charity that I know KJ supports in his local market. Personally, I would like to see all 3 of these individuals return, albeit without the dramatics.
    You are amazing....and that is not meant as a compliment. You of all people talking about someone being a “crybaby” and talking about drama. You who's recent behavior has been so obnoxious, you managed to be kicked off a site that has very light moderation. It takes some 'doing' to be kicked off that site.

Unlike you, Frieghtman, I am free to participate where I want, I just choose not to. And even if that were to change, I can still read what I like, so don't tell me what I can and can't read. I read about 8 sites regularly pertaining to advantage play and/or Las Vegas, monitoring for discussions and/or mentions of promotions that I can benefit from. Most I choose not to participate on , a couple, like 2 plus 2, I participate very rarely, and now down to two, I participate regularly. But again, don't tell me what I can and can't read.

But none of that is why I responded. I did start the thread in question. But it was not a thread to discuss this site. The thread is entitled “Note to bigplayer”, because I couldn't located his email and had no other way to privately communicate with him. I wanted to suggest that he clarify his recent post referencing unit because as written, I was concerned that many of the members of this site that he was attempting to help would not understand the reference, since most are not familiar with what I call the “bigplayer/Munchkin” definition of unit. And not understanding that definition, the statemnet was confusing. My concern as it often is, was for the players he was attempting to help.

It was another member, one of the other two that recently exited that you referenced that first turned the disucussion to this site. So therefore, while you can claim that you were 'technically' correct that I started the thread, if was not at all the situation that you accused, therefore I hope you will honor your promise of a donation to the homeless. If it makes no difference to you, I would ask that you make that donation to: the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth, 4981 Shirley Street, Las Vegas, NV 89119. (located directly across the street from Liberace's former mansion)

Since I was compelled to reply, let me just say that I have no proplem with Norm personally. Just last night, I recommended both 'Modern Blackjack' and Norm's software on the Wizard of Vegas site. Norm's software is the best and was and continues to be a huge game changer in the world of blackjack card counting. I honestly can't think of another development or product that has been so beneficial to players. It really was a game changer. I hope someday he receives the recognition that he deserves and I believe he would like, in the form of admission to the BJHoF.

But I do have a problem with the direction the site has taken and no longer can recommend this site to any aspiring counters. This site and the claims made and the discussions of advanced techniques (which belong in the advanced technique section) is just misleading and damaging to new counters starting out. So I exercise my option to not participate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast