See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Site Change: New ignore features

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Site Change: New ignore features

As we grow, there can be times when the signal-to-noise ratio becomes annoying. In an attempt to better tune the site to individual members' preferences, substantial flexibility has been added to ignore functionality, as follows:

Forum Ignore

Members can now specify a list of forums to ignore. For example, you may not wish to see new posts in the Disadvantage and Sports forums. To ignore a forum:

• Click on the forum
    • Click on Forum Tools
    • Click on Ignore this forum

To restore the forum:

• Click Settings at the top of the page
    • Click Thread & Forum Ignore Lists under My Account
    • Unclick the forum in the Forum Ignore List
    • Click Save Changes

Thread Ignore

There may particular threads that you find are interfering with the site’s usefulness. To ignore threads:

• Open the thread
    • Click Thread Tools
    • Click on Ignore this thread

To restore the thread:

• Unclick the thread in the Thread Ignore List
    • Click Save Changes

Customize Ignore

You can customize what ignore means. By default, if a thread or forum is on an ignore list, it will not appear when you click on New Posts, the Forum Display, or the Home Page list of forums. Basically, it will be as though it didn’t exist. One exception, it will appear in What’s New (which I never use). To customize this:

• Change the Enable Ignore Options
    • Click Save Changes

User Ignore

The new functions above are in addition to the standard User Ignore function. As a reminder, to ignore all posts by a specific member:

• Click on the member name to view the profile
    • Click Add to Ignore List at the left
    • Click Yes

To restore the user:

• Click Edit Ignore Lists under My Account
    • Unclick the user in the Ignore List
    • Click Save Changes
    • Note: You can also add multiple members on this screen.

Please notify me quickly if you notice any problems with the site.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I thought you were working to bring fellow card players closer together. Not by creating a wedge in between them. By the way I thought you suspended me for a weak reason on your misinterpretation of words based on a description. I realize you lean slightly to the left politically speaking and that's okay because I really don't care but I do take note, you could have handled the situation better by not taking your frustrations out on me. Do you need to go on a vacation Norman?

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    1. You do not bring people together by shoving threads they don't like in their faces.
    2. I have no idea what you mean about politics. Your suspension had absolutely nothing to do with politics. Absolutely nothing.
    3. I did not take any frustrations out on you. I strongly suggest that you drop this. In particular, this thread is about a new feature. It is clearly the wrong place for whatever you are doing.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No