See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 16 vs. 10 KO or REKO

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

16 vs. 10 KO or REKO

Hey folks! Question!

According to Norman's Modern Blackjack II. you need stop hitting 10 vs. 16 on a running count of plus 17 (that's what the index chart says)and above right (versus 8 deck game)?
    According to KO (Vencura and Fuchs) You must stop hitting 10 vs 16 on a running count of plus 32 (i start counting from zero) in 8 deck games. Since both system use the card of 7 as a plus one i am a little bit confused now regarding of this matter. Which one shall i use?

Cheers guys for the replys!

Blog Entries

With a starting count of 0, following are the indices for 16vT:

KO Preferred: +22
    KO Full: +18
    REKO: +29
    REKO-F: +17

The REKO-F numbers are the correct RA indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    With a starting count of 0, following are the indices for 16vT:

KO Preferred: +22
    KO Full: +18
    REKO: +29
    REKO-F: +17

The REKO-F numbers are the correct RA indices.
    I remember a chart in the book where it rounded the index recommendations to coincide with the Key Count (-8 for 8-deck) and the Pivot Point (+4) where the running count began at -28 [(8 decks times 4) -4]. If running count begins at zero, then KC would be +20 and PP would be +32. In this rounded guide, the recommendation was to stop hitting 16 vs 10 at KC or +20. It makes so little difference that I always followed the rounded recommendation of +20, but as I recall there was a more exact chart of indexes in an appendix where the indexes were not rounded, which are surely the same as yours above.

ferenc11: Plus 32 would be Pivot Point (equivalent to TC+4)when the IRC is zero, so I am sure, ferenc11, that you are mistaken on that, as the author would have included this index (16 vs 10) with those that rounded to PP, which I distinctly remember he did not. Sixteen vs 10 was the only index that stood alone (-8 for 8-deck games), other than +3 (+31) for Insurance, which was the same for all numbers of decks. There were other indexes that rounded to IRC, but only for pitch games.
    Last edited by Aslan; 07-09-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blog Entries

Quite right, except that the Key Count is -6 for 8 decks.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Quite right, except that the Key Count is -6 for 8 decks.
    Did I say -8, sorry? I never play 8-deck any more. Must have confused it with one of my adjusted key counts based on conversion to true count. (with 5 decks remaining)
    Last edited by Aslan; 07-11-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.