See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KJ

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

KJ

Norm, I really think you owe KJ an apology man.
    It is not my intention to defend him or to use this as an excuse to attack you (our differences are well known by both of us and I think we've proven we can coexist just fine, sort of).
    When I learned what was the thread that originated this whole thing I couldn't believe it.
    If you think that was trolling or an attack then I must tell you you are nuts my friend!
    It was just a guy's attempt to make a funny post.
    If there's somebody that has always stood for the member that thread made reference to was KJ! Even at GC!
    Im sure he himself can even attest to that.
    If you thought the post was not appropriate instead of just deleting it what you should have done was write KJ a PM and tell him "hey man, I dont think that post is cool, would you mind taking it down?".
    He would have done it and end of story.
    I think that he has earned at least that much and that there are certain people on this site, mostly the handful that do play professionally and share their experiences, that you owe a little respect and leeway too.
    I dont think Im alone in thinking KJ is definately one of those members.
    He has been here since the beggining Norm... you shouldn't forget about that now that you are the owner of the biggest and most popular bj board on the internet.

I could have told you this privately, but I decided to make this post no to start a quarrel with you.
    On the contrary.
    I just want everybody to know that because of something really stupid and even childish this site is losing one of its most valuable members.
    Am I the only one who thinks KJ adds value to this board?
    Im sure that 99% of the members that use your site would like to keep seeing KJ's posts and that it would be really big of you to swallow your pride, tell him you are sorry and invite him back.
    That's all.
    Last edited by bjarg; 07-03-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    If you thought the post was not appropriate instead of just deleting it what you should have done was write KJ a PM and tell him "hey man, I dont think that post is cool, would you mind taking it down?".
    He would have done it and end of story.
    Last night, he PMed me saying that he would hopefully behave a little better after his recent debate with T3. Then, he starts a thread trolling yet another member.

Before I saw the troll post, another member asked him why he was trolling. It was obvious and had one possible purpose -- to cause trouble.

bjarg, believe it or not, I have a life. I simply don't have the time to spend dealing with tempers and egos. I think he's a valuable contributor and hope he comes back again, even though it means more work for me and likely more unpleasant posts. Up to him. But, I'm not going to ruin another weekend. (It's a holiday here and the east side of Manhattan will soon be filled with the smell of sulfur.)
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

A tip for those that want to mod a forum. Like software support, 2% of users result in 90% of the effort.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Before I saw the troll post, another member asked him why he was trolling. It was obvious and had one possible purpose -- to cause trouble.
    You are by far the most stubborn person I've ever met on the internet Norm.
    The other member that asked him that was 21forme and it was clearly intended as a humorous remark.
    Also, is sending an email saying "hey man Im sorry about the whole misunderstanding please come back" really going to ruin your weekend?
    Dont you think you are exagerating a little bit?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My rules are very simple. No religion, no politics, no personal attacks. KJ was actively attacking, and knew it. He sent me an e-mail just 17 hours ago admitting he was attacking T3. Why on Earth would he be so upset at the deletion of a thread that had no purpose at a time during which he was actively attacking another member? I tried as unobtrusively as possible to deescalate the situation without suspending anyone or publically admonishing anyone.

Following your advice and pretending I'm sorry would only give him the idea that he can continue his history of personal attacks. I'm really not that stupid.

About 100,000 posts have been made here in the last three years. I cannot read every post, or memorize all the interrelationships between members. I don't have the time. It is quite naïve to think a quick PM will solve all these problems. I have traded many with him. Bjarg, I don't have the time for this.

"publically" -- I hope Don doesn't see this.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Blog Entries

Don's nailed me on that one before. It's actually listed in the OED and Websters as an alternate spelling and accepted by the IE and Word spellcheckers. I believe it's also gaining in popularity as publicly is a rare exception to -ic adverb forms.

Norm, if you dont have time then dont answer.
    I dont look at your agenda to check your time availability every time I make a post.

Blog Entries

I already responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

bjarg, believe it or not, I have a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    The other member that asked him that was 21forme and it was clearly intended as a humorous remark.
    bjarg - You beat me to it. KJ's post was meant to be humorous, as was my response. No way was I being critical of KJ's post with my comment.

Norm, you say you have a life, but it doesn't seem that way, the way you police this forum. I know - it's your forum and you can do what you want, but look at BJ21 as an example. Every now and then a war of words erupts, but rarely is anything deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by LVBear584 View Post
    "publically" -- I hope Don doesn't see this.
    When I first saw this post, I was going to defend bjarg, as English isn't his first language, but I see it was a native English speaker

I like it that this site and Norm are different from BJ21. Posts by newbies and part-timers are not tolerated there and Norm does not tolerate attacking the poster instead of the post. Having said that I hope KJ returns. I can understand and get equally frustrated with some always , directly or indirectly, suggesting a change of counts.

Blog Entries

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    1. BJ21 has long been criticized for its lack of moderation and has lost many excellent posters. That's not to say they are wrong and I am right. Just a different philosophy. BJInfo shut down because of nasty posters. A past BJ forum lost all of its posters due primarily to nastiness.
    2. BJ21 does ban members. It is never made public by policy. I actually preferred that policy, but was overridden by a vote of the members here. So, we make it public, which makes it look more common and often starts long debates.
    3. BJ21 did, in fact, ban a poster for nasty posts not long ago. He is now here.
    4. The level of policing of this forum is grossly exaggerated. Nearly every banned member was banned previously at one or more other forums. Deletion of posts occurs in spurts. We go many consecutive months without a single deletion.

EDIT: Incidentally, I was once suspended for seven days at BJ21 for insisting on defending myself from a poster that claimed I committed Federal crimes, defrauded my customers, and that if people installed my software, it might destroy their PCs -- among other things. My posts were deleted. The accuser's posts were not.
    Last edited by Norm; 07-03-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    When I first saw this post, I was going to defend bjarg, as English isn't his first language, but I see it was a native English speaker
    I almost instinctively was going to defend myself when I read that.
    I was too surprised when I checked and saw it was not directed at me..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast