Thread: Strategy advice on receiving numerous small cards

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Strategy advice on receiving numerous small cards

Is their any strategy involved when receiving several small cards. For example you get 2 followed by several smaller cards . if you follow basic strategy it will tell you to keep hitting until you reach hard 17 against dealer 7 or higher . however I'm sure we have all done it when you keep hitting and eventually bust by getting a ten. Hope I make sense

Just go by the count. When ever you get a stiff hand against a dealer's 7 - A it's usually about losing less and not winning. That is it's still a losing hand but if you hot you will lose less.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It really depends on where you are in the shoe, number of decks and such if you do not count cards. However, if you do not count cards, it's best to keep hitting till 17 because if a whole lot of small cards have come out, there is probably a bigger chance that the dealer has a 10 under his 7.

Vandammage, one of the hardest things you have to learn is not to second guess your strategy. Sometimes it is hard but you do not play by hunches and feelings and just because a few small cards have been played doesn't mean the next card won't be a small one. It happened to me just this past week. I had a large bet out, dealer had a 9 and I had received 4 or 5 cards (can't remember exactly) to total 15. I just knew the next card was going to be a 10 and it took every ounce of determination to make my hand scratch for a hit but I did and hit a 6 for 21. Who knows, the next time the first hit I take could be a 10 and bust me but in the long run, it is the play to make.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson