Thread: Side counting aces tko method

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Side counting aces tko method

Hi guys

Quick question ...can you side count aces using the tko method which is an unbalanced system

Aren't aces already in the count? If you are going to side count aces you really should be using an ace neutral count.

I do that for insurance only ... What I do is based on what Dravot does with the "Insurance Tweak" in CoB ; but I would take it to the next level with everything I saw go by on the table and add it . instead of just what the dealer shows at that exact moment ...

For example , dealer shows ace - game stops : "Do you want insurance?"
    --- I would remember I saw these things :
    1) the guy next to me split aces at the beginning of the shoe -
    2) Dealer asked for insurance once already -
    3) I had a soft hand a few hands back -
    4) Dealer shows ace right now -
    I add those(5 aces) back into the count temporary (if you are TKO then ad +5 to the RC temporarily just for this one decision ) - if it was enough of a change to take insurance I would ... if it wasn't . so be it ...
    After that , I have the RC go back to normal ...
    I still do it ... why not ?
    If it's late in the shoe and I am only focused on the count at hand and I only remember seeing a few aces ... just add those back ... either way it's more accurate then NOT putting them back for an insurance decision ... I never had this cause any confusion or mess-ups ... it's easy .
    Last edited by Nikky_Flash; 06-17-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandammage View Post
    Hi guys

Quick question ...can you side count aces using the tko method which is an unbalanced system
    Using Ace Side count with Ace-reckoned strategy a different set of playing indices are required. Ace-Reckoned counting strategy is a strategy where ace is already counted in the count. Hi-lo, KO, Red Seven, and REKO are ace-reckoned strategies. I found a way you can make playing efficiency more efficient with an ace-reckoned count. This is in Modern Blackjack:

https://www.qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage186.htm

What I don't understand is how could the number of excessive Aces in the remaining cards be negative? Could someone explain.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 06-17-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post

What I don't understand is how could the number of excessive Aces in the remaining cards be negative? Could someone explain.
    looking at the link ,
    I think Norm is saying;
    - as if in the situation that you have 2decks left in the shoe to be dealt still and you know there's only three aces remaining - thats subtracted - value x -depending on your system ...
    since its looked at as a "deficit" aces remaining ... same situation with 12 aces left is a "surplus" amount ... you would add + x .
    I don't want to explain it all while on my smartphone ... but , from things I've seen , this is the first step ...I won't go on and on with details .... I looked into these sc ace systems ... interesting stuff. but after looking into a bunch of styles and systems; I didn't decide to use an ace side system ... but , developed the habit while they go by , a little of sc aces , quite by accident , i want to at least use it , right ? so , in the game , now I only do it with insurance , my post earlier...hope that helps

Thank you for the replies . I will check the link serious player and also use your system nikky of aces. Will give a slightly better edge which is better then nothing.

The insurance index already includes aces. Make sure you are using the ace info properly. If there are surplus aces left your insurance index is low and if there are deficit aces it is high. I hope I didn't get that backwards but the point is that the insurance index is set including and average number of seen aces so deducting all of the seen aces would require a different insurance index while working with surplus/deficit aces would simply need a a RC adjustment with the same index.

From what I recall, ASCing an ace-neutral count has more benefits than ASCing an ace-reckoned count since aces affect BC in one way but affect PE in varying ways due to whether or not the ace acts as a high or low card.