See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Color of Blackjack" – My Observations

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    He is forced to bet 3 x $200 , or 3 spots of $200 which is the maximum allowable bet on that table for a single spot.
    Ok so "max bet" meant the table limit, not the max bet of his bet spread. Still, I thought the discussed question is to whether one should play one or two boxes, not three.

I use the KO with catch all risk averse indices. It pushes the betting ramp forward slightly to +15/+24 6D and +20/+27 8D while removing or delaying the indices that add variance for small gains in EV.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeBRollin
    I use the KO with catch all risk averse indices. It pushes the betting ramp forward slightly to +15/+24 6D and +20/+27 8D while removing or delaying the indices that add variance for small gains in EV.
    I would highly recommend you add some from of depth-based true counting to your KO system. It is oft-repeated but true that KO has you under-betting early and over-betting late. For example, and assuming you are using an IRC of 0 for six-deck, you are at a TC of 1 at +9 with 5 decks remaining. At the same depth, a +15 is a true 2. On the other end, with two decks remaining, that +15 that you increase your bet at gives you a true count of -0.5 (and a -5 if there’s one deck left).

I have spent a lot of time on my version of CKO and feel like I have the perfect KO system but am not 100% confident on my bet ramp and indices. That’s partially a symptom of me not owning any CV software for sims but I am not going to drop $100 on it just yet (I have a small bankroll and have already amassed indices and a bet ramp).

Cheers
    Last edited by RatherNotGiveMyRealName; 09-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    I would highly recommend you add some from of depth-based true counting to your KO system. It is oft-repeated but true that KO has you under-betting early and over-betting late. For example, and assuming you are using an IRC of 0 for six-deck, you are at a TC of 1 at +9 with 5 decks remaining. At the same depth, a +15 is a true 2. On the other end, with two decks remaining, that +15 that you increase your bet at gives you a true count of -.05 (and a -5 if there’s one deck left).

Cheers
    I think that after 4 decks (2 decks remaining), your RC in a neutral 6 deck shoe should have increased from 0 to 4*4 = 16, so with +15, your real RC is 1 below par, so the TC is -1/2 = -0.5 , not only -0.05, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkchip
    I think that after 4 decks (2 decks remaining), your RC in a neutral 6 deck shoe should have increased from 0 to 4*4 = 16, so with +15, your real RC is 1 below par, so the TC is -1/2 = -0.5 , not only -0.05, isn't it?
    Yeah, that’s a typo. I’ll fix it.

And if anyone else has experience with this system, feel free to post with any comments. Inversely, if you have any questions about the system, please ask as I have some knowledge of the intricacies of it.
    I use the similar EZ-TKO

On the new reborn of pokermenteur.free.fr
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/eztko

In French but Red Green did a translation that I will put back online

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    I use the similar EZ-TKO

On the new reborn of pokermenteur.free.fr
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/eztko

In French but Red Green did a translation that I will put back online

That is similar to what I use but I believe some of the calculations may have been lost in translation. I have memorized the RC’s for each true count (0 through 4) at every deck level so I know exactly what the true count is at all depths. For example, the set of numbers I have memorized for 4 decks remaining are -12, -8, -4, 0, 4 which reveal a true count of 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. I find this much easier than performing mental division.

P.S. I got a kick out of the French translation for a blackjack shoe, which is “hoof.”

The same thing except that I only memorize the 2,3,4 TCs

English version is online
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/eztko/english

I added "EZ-TKO Index Strategy" that I do not use anymore.

P.S. I got a kick out of the French translation for a blackjack shoe, which is “hoof.”
    Actually the French word for a dealing shoe (as well as certain types of wooden or women's shoes) is "sabot". Jamed Bond when playing Baccarat or "chemin de fer" always moves a sabot round the table. Btw. I recently saw some new models of dealing shoes with "high heels" on the internet, which very closely resemble a women's shoe with high heel.

Maybe you guys can help me out with an idea I’ve been pondering for a little while. When CKO produces a Hi-Lo true count, it’s only completely accurate if a proportional amount of seven’s have been dealt. I’ve been using CV software (set to Hi-Lo, but I’m counting with CKO) and I’ve noticed that a good 1/3 of the time, the TC is off by one. Does anyone know if this disparity is significant or if it doesn’t mean anything in the long run. My thinking is that it may increase variance as it has me occasionally betting more or less than the accurate Hi-Lo true count warrants.

Another page about TC conversion
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/red7
    I did not bother to translate in english.
    But if Don tells me it's worth, I'll do it with pleasure.

C'est tres bien ecrit et ca vaut certainement la peine qu'on le lise.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    Another page about TC conversion
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/red7
    I did not bother to translate in english.
    But if Don tells me it's worth, I'll do it with pleasure.
    That is a page written about the Red Seven count. I’m wondering about an easier version of true-counted KO, like CKO or EZ-TKO.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast