Thread: =Scratch!A42

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

=Scratch!A42

I saw the above Excel formula and can't find anything describing it. Do any of you know what this function is? What has to be in A42? The worksheet I saw it in was blank in the referenced cell but it still produced a value?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    I saw the above Excel formula and can't find anything describing it. Do any of you know what this function is? What has to be in A42? The worksheet I saw it in was blank in the referenced cell but it still produced a value?
    Does this help at all? http://exceluser.com/reports/invoice...ndex-match.htm

Don, I think that is a different kind of scratch. Here is a reference to Dr Jacobson's web page. About 1/3 down the page, you'll see a link called Twenty_One_Plus_Three_CA which opens up an excel spreadsheet. Look at cell C9 and you'll see what I mean. It references cell K26 which appears blank. I suppose he has a formula hidden from view. I just have never seen the formula =Scratch!.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Pretty sure that "=Scratch!A42" refers to cell A42 on a sheet named Scratch, which may be hidden.

Blog Entries

In the Home tab, click Format in the Cells Group. Click Hide and Unhide. This will tell you if there are hidden sheets. If it was hidden by a VBA macro, you probably can't unhide it this way.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

That's probably it Canceler, I didn't think about a hidden sheet. I was thinking of hidden formulas.

Thanks

Ahhh Thanks Norm. Just as you suspected Canceler. There was a sheet called Scratch that was hidden.