Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILL 18 Differences

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ILL 18 Differences

I think all of these are set at H17 DAS. Why are there differences especially with 12 V 6 and does it make any difference which you use and is there a way to change the indices in CVBJ drills?

Thanks

ILL18 Differences.jpg
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Nice analysis -

So I guess I can truly tell the plump sitting next to me that 16 vs. 10 or doubling 11 vs. A "depends on what book you read....."

Blog Entries

The indices in CVBJ are from the various books. But, realize some books have changed the indices from edition to edition.

The indices in BJA were generated by me using CVData and are risk-averse.

I don't know what the CVData column represents, included or generated indices. If they are included, they are the same as CVBJ. If they are generated by CVData, it depends on the settings as numerous settings affect indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    is there a way to change the indices in CVBJ drills?
    Yes, just create a user strategy based on an included strategy, and change it.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Is it possible to change the indices in cvbj drills so that you don't get error notices when your index is off by 1 point or so?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

sorry, didn't see you had already answered.

With H17 DAS is the index -1, 0 or -3. That is the only one that is a little confusing. The reason I am made the above post is that I am changing counts to Hi Lo for other than counting reasons and and was going to take Big Player's advice and learn a few more than I18 and wanted to post them into cvbj drills.

Blog Entries

Is it possible to change the indices in cvbj drills so that you don't get error notices when your index is off by 1 point or so?
    sorry, didn't see you had already answered.
    Some of the drills have "accuracy" settings where you get a yellow error instead of a red error if you are close according to your exactness setting. In the game, if you go to Options-Settings-True Count, you will see and option called Deck Estimate Accuracy that lets you set an acceptable level of inaccuracy.

Blog Entries

With H17 DAS is the index -1, 0 or -3. That is the only one that is a little confusing. The reason I am made the above post is that I am changing counts to Hi Lo for other than counting reasons and and was going to take Big Player's advice and learn a few more than I18 and wanted to post them into cvbj drills.
    Hah. If you think I know every index for every strategy for every set of rules, all I can say is... what was the question again?

Well damn, gonna have to cut your salary. I'll just use 0

The p. 213 I18 index for 12 v. 6, with H17 is -3. The index in the chart above is for S17, so if the chart was intended to be H17, then the -1 in the BJA column is wrong.

Don

Hi-Lo 6D H17 DAS
    12v6 <= -3
    Page 44 of Professional Blackjack
    Page 213 of Blackjack Attack 3

Hi-Lo 6D S17 DAS
    12v6 <= -1
    Page 62 and 213 of Blackjack Attack 3
    Last edited by Shadowless; 06-03-2015 at 08:49 PM.

It's -3 on p. 213 of BJA3.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast