Thread: Looking For a Blackjack Simulator

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Looking For a Blackjack Simulator

I'm told by everyone that Norm's products are the best so I will probably be buying one of his simulators unless someone can convince me otherwise. I presently have the stickysoft blackjack 678 simulator, but when I updated to a new computer the program no longer works properly and I haven't used it in years. Besides I don't think blackjack 678 is any longer supported.

I'm looking for something that is fairly easy to learn. After all, its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm also looking for something that is reasonable in price, and I think what I want is Norm's CVCX at $85. However, I see there is also CVDATA and don't understand why this is so much more expensive than CVCX. I don't know if this is something I would use or need.

I guess what I'm looking for is if you have some of Norm's products to weigh in and tell me the minimum I need. Can CVCX generate index numbers or do I need CVDATA for this.

Can any of these products run sims for special bonus hands. There is presently a fairly good promotion going on for a bonus on 6,7,8 and 7,7,7 hands. Is it possible to sim these bonus hands.

I also hope Norm would weigh in with his two cents because he knows his products better than anybody.

Midwest Player,

To generate index numbers and to sim special bonus hands you need CVData. CVCX is fine for most "normal" sims, but cannot handle special bonus hands nor generate index numbers.

Dog Hand

I believe Norm wrote CVCX specifically for Chapter 10 of BJ Attack 3, the sims are already run, so you just input the data you want and it gives very fast results without needing to run the full sim. CVData is the full simulator, with thousands of different options and the ability to sim practically anything with the custom bonus features. Personally, I'd get both, it's very little outlay for the amount of EV they can bring you.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."