See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Site Change

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Site Change

We have changed to https: encrypted access. If you notice anything unusual, please say so quickly.

Note: The Chat Room is not encrypted as it is on another server. You may get a warning when you click Chat that it is not encrypted. Click Allow.

If you cannot logon, refresh your browser. If that doesn't work, exit all instances of the browser and try again. You can also try typing the url instead of using a link. If that fails, e-mail [email protected].
    Last edited by Norm; 05-04-2015 at 04:51 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Tapatalk

If you have any difficulty with Tapatalk, exit Tapatalk completely. Start it again and try. If that fails, delete the BJTF icon in Tapatalk and reselect the forum. HTTPS is a different domain. It should update automatically, but doesn't always.

Incidentally, there is no reason to specify the HTTPS. You can use www.blackjacktheforum.com.

Google has already changed the links; which is amazing considering the number of sites on the web.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-07-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I am using Tapatalk (not sure if I care for it yet, too new an experience). But cannot access the following features:

1. Chat room - there is no option for same;

2. Arrow (the private) Chat - once again no option with Tapatalk.

Really appreciate the ability to interact with others from thus website through those tools. Now access to them gone with Tapatalk.

Had to sign off and log in through classic login to find your username on a post to send you this Note.

Blog Entries

The Chat Room and ArrowChat are not available from TapaTalk as it interfaces with standard VB pages -- not pages that I have added. You can get to chat directly from blackjacktheforum.com/addonchat.php. I have changed that one page to allow non-HTTPS access.

If you close down all browsers completely and re-access the site, you should be able to gain access. Problem is, in the race to prove they are the fastest browser, browser developers cache too much. The browsers can get confused when you change your domain name. Oddly, HTTP and HTTPS are actually considered different domains. This will pass with time as the caches timeout.

Blog Entries

Incidentally, we will likely also be moving to a chat room that does not require Java. Have to wait until everyone has browsers with HTML5 support. Java and Flash are obsolete and will fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Incidentally, we will likely also be moving to a chat room that does not require Java. Have to wait until everyone has browsers with HTML5 support. Java and Flash are obsolete and will fade away.
    This too shall pass (Persian: ??? ??? ??????, pronunciation:?n n?z bogzarad, Arabic: ?? ??? ????? ("Nothing endures"),Hebrew: ?? ?? ??????, Turkish: Bu da geçer yâ hû) is given new meaning in this day and age. Stability (the status quo) is redefined to mean being the quickest (as practicable to do so) to adapt the latest and greatest innovation of the day.

Thank you Wikipedia for the source of this saying.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Haha The foreign language characters could not be accommodated.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blog Entries

I have double-byte character sets only partially supported. Will have to complete that some day.

this too shall pass.jpg

There's more than one way to skin an apple.

btw, I used to have business dealings with a gentleman who was a Persian Jew (before the Iranian revolution, there were many Persian Jews). His name was Aslan. I know that is not your actual name, but interesting how you chose that persian name.

Quote Originally Posted by rmwlaw View Post
    btw, I used to have business dealings with a gentleman who was a Persian Jew (before the Iranian revolution, there were many Persian Jews). His name was Aslan. I know that is not your actual name, but interesting how you chose that persian name.
    If I'm not mistaken the word comes from Turkish meaning lion. But I could be mistaken. I borrowed it from my dog, Aslan, who in turn borrowed it from the Tales of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

Persian Jews other than ultra-conservative Jews espousing the illegitimacy of the State of Israel are long gone. I am not making a political statement, just stating what I believe to be the current state of affairs. We must not engage in political matters on this site. I am wondering if there isn't a lot of language mixing and word adoption within the middle eastern states as there is within the countries of the West, which would explain the usage of the word. It might be that Farci is also spoken in parts of Turkey, or that the roots of the languages are similar.
    Last edited by Aslan; 05-06-2015 at 12:07 PM.