Thread: CVBJ error?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ error?

Hi everyone.
    I'm new using this program so I'm probably missing something here, but every time i check the trip or session tables summaries, it isn't right. Can some one explain me this please?

This is an example (it happens with many other trips or sessions)

bjtables.jpg
    As you can see the total in the right botton corner it's -16.963. altho that trip started with a $2.000 bankroll and ended with $398
    so at the end with all the bets won and lost, I lost in total
    2000 - 398 = 1602

is this an error? . If not, what that -16963 means?

Another example

bjtables2.jpg

thank you very much

Blog Entries

From the main menu, go to File then Backup and send me the backup file ([email protected]). Also, Help-About and tell me the exact release number.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    From the main menu, go to File then Backup and send me the backup file ([email protected]). Also, Help-About and tell me the exact release number.
    wow I feel honored norm himself answered to me this question.
    I'm going to be 100% honest with you. Instead of downloading the full working demo version (now i know it exist) i got a pirate version on XXXXXX. (very dumb).
    Altho After using the program (except for the summary tables errors) I think it worth its price 100%.
    So I think i'll save some money and get the original version.
    I can't stop asking my self if you added some code in the program so the pirate versions got this errors or even, non-random true/running counts. I know some programmers do it and , what can i say it's a good lesson for users like me .
    Last edited by Norm; 01-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Name of criminal site removed.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

uninstalling the pirate version. i got the last demo version from download.com. deleted users and logs.
    question: it will be safe to install it on the same Windows partition or do i have to do it in a different and independent boot windows partition.? (would this version run ok?)

Blog Entries

I have no idea what is in a pirate version. I know of one case where a virus was installed in CV and uploaded.

pdta: i just want a clean and fresh start.

ok. thanks

Norm,

I don't know whether to bash the guy for pirating your software or give him some credit for fessing up. Probably a little of both.
    All bleeding stops eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I have no idea what is in a pirate version. I know of one case where a virus was installed
    in CV and uploaded.
    norm have u ever think about releasing a full working version as demo. I just realized the demo says it doesn't has the 5 cards. are placed by 6's instead. funny thing they do appear in the shoe.

notitle1.jpg

as an ex-pirate customer is my humble opinion that releasing the full version could make ppl to stop jumping straight to the pirate version and test it. also , once the power of the program is appreciated i think a higher % of those demo users will convert to the paid version than the % that is doing it now.

(sorry for my poor english)

Blog Entries

Pirates are mostly immoral, greedy thieves that somehow believe they deserve everything for free. They steal from people. (If you think that the word “steal” does not apply to immaterial objects, then look up the word in unabridged Webster’s or the Oxford English Dictionary which both specifically say otherwise.) They have also caused massive job losses and economic damage. (Lots of examples.) There have been many studies over decades. If you release a full working version as a demo, then the software will completely disappear because immoral, greedy thieves do not pay and there are no funds to continue development. (Yes, there are a tiny, tiny number of unique exceptions.) If they were not thieves, they would not take the risk of going to criminal sites with software plagued by Trojan horses that create avenues for SPAMBots that are the source of over 90% of SPAM that we all must deal with. These people belong in prison. Why do you think the site you mentioned has been thrown out of country after country and is now hosted in a lawless area of the world? (And yes, I know that another member here downloaded from that very site, and had the gall to ask me for advice after stealing.)

Sorry if the above is too vague about my position on the damage to society caused by career criminals masquerading as freedom fighters.

Now, having got that off my chest, let me make it clear in my own situation. I sell Blackjack software. I make a small fraction of the money I can make per hour elsewhere as these are niche products. How many people pay $90 when you can buy BJ software for $4? I want to continue upgrading my software. But, I must have an excuse to do so. If it is given away, I simply do not have that excuse. I will naturally spend more time on something that fills my larder. As you may have noticed, all of my competitors have faded away. I don’t pretend that this is because I’m so wonderful. It’s because the income from good BJ software ain’t worth the effort. They could not afford to continue developing and supporting their software. Pirates destroy innovation.

This is my statement on the subject and I’m not going to respond further. Better fish to fry.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-05-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Norm's post is right on the money. The power of CVBJ is huge and it is a steal compared to the $90 price tag. If you're going to steal, steal big--become an investment banker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Stiff View Post
    Norm's post is right on the money. The power of CVBJ is huge and it is a steal compared to the $90 price tag. If you're going to steal, steal big--become an investment banker.
    Hey I resemble that remark!
    All bleeding stops eventually.