Thread: Asking for NCAA Basketball picks -- $100 freeplay

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Asking for NCAA Basketball picks -- $100 freeplay

I just received a $100 freeplay for Friday's and Saturday's NCAA games.

If anyone is closely following NCAA basketball, please post recommendations. Only spread and Over-Under bets are allowed.

Thanks very much!
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Don't listen to me. My wife hit me with some brackets to fill out 2 nights ago. The one I know what has happened with is in big trouble. It went 9 wins 7 losses. Given I had no time to research it isn't surprising. So many losses by one point.

I am 4-1 so far today so maybe we have a shot. I have 3 dead spots in the next round and 1 in the following round. I wasn't planning on doing anything this your for march madness so I just had to throw something together quick. I hope the bracket she hasn't returned te copy of is doing better but I don't think so.
    Last edited by Three; 03-20-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Don't listen to me. My wife hit me with some brackets to fill out 2 nights ago. The one I know what has happened with is in big trouble. It went 8 wins 7 losses. Given I had no time to research it isn't surprising. So many losses by one point.

I am 4-1 so far today so maybe we have a shot. I have dead spots in the next round and 1 in the following round. I wasn't planning on doing anything this your for march madness so I just had to throw something together quick. I hope the bracket she hasn't returned te copy of is doing better but I don't think so.

Thanks Tthree!

Not knowing anything about college basketball, I just picked the underdog in the first game on the list: Belmont + 17 vs Virginia. Belmont lost by only 12 points. It turned out that Virginia was #2 seed. LOL!

There wasn't any risk on the freeplay; and any rollover requirement (upon winning) can be satisfied with later NFL betting.
    Last edited by Math Demon; 03-20-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Did you put the entire 100 on that game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should have bet Baylor, Texasssss, Iowa State and OSU from the Big 12

( 99.9% of brackets busted?)
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

I am at 22-10 on one bracket and 21-11 on the other for the round of 64 with 4 dead spots in the round of 32 and 1 dead spot in the sweet 16 for each of my 2 brackets. Hopefully the others are in more or less the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Day two. I had 9 wagers. Won my first 2 of the day, then lost the final 7. I went 3-18 for the two days. Although it wasn't about the money, 3-18 definitely made it a little less enjoyable for me. So much so, that I won't be wagering any more this tournament.
    You could have gone to Hawaii for that dinner and movie.

Now I don't feel so bad. I was caught in the dark to fill the brackets and had no time to research for myself. My research was trying to find the bracket of the guy I thought was best at it but they don't go public until after the start of the tournament. Then I went to Bleacher Report and did the best I could from what they ad to say. They weren't as helpful as I had hoped. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tjr5259 View Post
    Did you put the entire 100 on that game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to spread it out into 5 spread bets and 5 O/U bets; but it was set up for one single bet of $100.

Same thing happened last year. I was given a $100 freeplay for use only on a particular Thursday Night Football game; however, this particular freeplay allowed use on a parlay. I bet the favorite Atlanta and the Over, and won $260.