Thread: Average Player's ADV / Units Won per HR

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Average Player's ADV / Units Won per HR

From what I read online the average player's theoretical advantage over the house is around .05% - with that being said, do you know if its possible or confirmed that an AP edge can be pushed to 1-2%? Can anyone with a decent sample size confirm that they are playing near that edge or know of?

Also average units won per hour guys? I'm averaging 16 units per hour... Doesn't seem normal. But then again I'm spreading 20-1 and sometimes 30-1 if that has anything to do with the seemingly abnormal win rate (which I assume).

thanks
    Banks

Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

@Bodarc LOVEEEE YOU

Regarding CVCX page;

I'm messing with the spread and I'm curious as to why does my win rate drop when I increase my spread to let's say, from 20-1 to 25-1, my hourly win rate actually drops. One more notice is that after doing a 20-1 spread, my max bet at TC 6+ is slightly less than my TC at 5. Why is there a drop in units bet?

Still curious if anyone know their edge can be pushed to 1-2% over the house!!!
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 03-13-2015 at 03:03 AM.

hey banks , when the Tc is at 6 , (correct me if I'm wrong ) but isn't your advantage very close to %3 ,
    subtract the house edge , which hopefully is not more than .6 , and you got a healthy looking %2.4... I wish I could afford your spread someday ,
    for the other question , I don't know...

Depends on how you play. A table-hopping BP on a strong game could have a 3-4% average advantage. A counter playing a weak spread on a DD game for comps could be playing with less than a quarter % (on the blackjack game).
    The Cash Cow.

"From what I read online the average player's theoretical advantage over the house is around .05%."

Surely, you don't mean one-twentieth of one percent. did you mean to write 0.5% (one-half of one percent)? In any event, that's a bit low for a play-all card counter with a decent spread.

Don

Sorry I meant to write .5%. Haven't gotten much sleep today. According to moo a table-hopper with excellent skill can push it to 3-4%. Do you think it's reasonable to estimate someone with a decent inde, hi-low, great rules, a spread of 20-1 to push his edge to 2.5% without table hoping, play all. Or is 2% and less already amazing for that estimation?

You can't make anywhere near 2% with play-all. All the numbers are in Chapter 10 of BJA3. Just look at the charts.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    hey banks , when the Tc is at 6 , (correct me if I'm wrong ) but isn't your advantage very close to %3 ,
    subtract the house edge , which hopefully is not more than .6 , and you got a healthy looking %2.4... I wish I could afford your spread someday ,
    for the other question , I don't know...
    Nikky,

How often do you see +6 TC ? I guess I should say approximately..

Don, how often does an AP see a TC of +6 in shoe games? I'm sure if there's math involved it's been answered.

Depends on penetration, but for 4.5/6, TC >= +6 only 1.65% of the time.

Don

@Orangechip2 did you take the time to check out the link provided?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

I get .81% frequency of exactly TC +6 using HILO and 4.5/6 and about 1.66% for a count of at least TC +6. Nobody said what count was used so I assumed HILO but if they used a level 2 count like HIOPT II the frequencies would be much higher. For HIOPT II there is a frequency of 1.55% for exactly TC +6 and a frequency of 8.47% of at least TC +6.

If you wong out or in or bot these frequencies change with your style of play.

plus by - average player's- is he asking ,
    average ap person getting an adv, ?
    average advantage over life time?

- so he asked about 2-3% and I gave him that -
    , just trying to help , I know its rare...