Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comp Hotel Rooms Being Reversed

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by smallcapgrowth View Post
    I asked the reservation hotline and they said my play already "earned" the comps so there is no play requirement. I am truly wondering whats going to happen when they see that they comped me 8 nights and i don't play a lick under that card. FYI, it is a Cesear property.
    What about running a couple hundred dollars through a slot machine while you are there? At least that will give you some play on your card. That would probably keep the future mailers coming. I'm no comp expert, maybe someone else can weigh in on this?

Quote Originally Posted by smallcapgrowth View Post
    Has this happend to anyone where they have been backed off and received mutliple hotel offers. I am booked for 8 nights and i have been backed off at this chain (not at this store but at the same chain). ...FYI, it is a Cesear property. ...I know marketing and the people who back you off have a big disconnect I am just wondering.
    You're right about the disconnect. Caesars is known to have remarkably poor internal communications, in oh-so-many ways. Well, the bottom line seems to be that they're broke, and they're not spending money on ANY capital improvements to most of their properties, let alone late-20th-century computer technology. An example--after Harrah's (now Caesars) bought the Barbary Coast, and turned it into Bill's, it took something like two years before they completed a computer link allowing customers to use Total Rewards comps in the restaurants. A lot of the problems that Caesars has with this sort of thing are a real pain in the ass for the average customer, but they create openings for APs. So as far as your hotel room offers go, yeah, I say go for it. It's 99 percent that you'll be fine. Just don't attract attention to yourself in the pit, or even on the slots. I'm not at all sure that I can agree with SytemsTrader's advice on doing some slot play during your stay. At least not at the same hotel. Or within a group of hotels that are essentially run as one, like Paris and Bally's, or Flamingo and Bill's.
    Last edited by WRX; 09-29-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    I had comped reservations revoked at check in at an evil empire property, Flamingo, last year.
    That's just horrible, though probably up to the expected integrity level of Caesars Entertainment. The average customer would be livid. As APs, we probably have to swallow our pride and live with it, so as to keep the future benefits coming.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX View Post
    That's just horrible, though probably up to the expected integrity level of Caesars Entertainment. The average customer would be livid. As APs, we probably have to swallow our pride and live with it, so as to keep the future benefits coming.
    I'm wondering if it is even worth it to play rated at the evil empire anymore. It seems/appears they have really tightend up on there comps. At least when playing chunky green to lite black.
    "I think, therfore I can't play blackjack."
    Arnold Snyder, Blackbelt in Blackjack pg. 229 (2005)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12