Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New "Dealer Error" Thread

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

New "Dealer Error" Thread

To avoid bumping a dinosaur thread I will make a new one. I was curious as to what kinds of errors made by the house have happened to us forum members recently.

My first weird one this year happened when I had to make a $50 bet, but only had 10 red chips in front of me. I bet the red chips and won. To pay me, the dealer broke the stack into two $25 stacks, then proceeded to size two green chips into to each stack. A nice 2:1 win.

And a few days ago I had a dealer hit a hard 18. It consisted of five cards as an 18, and after a careful look at what he had he takes another card. Bust!

Player wagered 10 dollars "accross the board" on three card poker.
    Player got a straight....dealer has ***THREE OF A KIND***
    Dealer is confused on how to pay pairs plus bonus, attempts to pay...multiple people say "thats not right" as she pays ALL WAGERS FOR A WIN
    Floor Person comes over to investigate, corrects the payout error with respect to the pairs plus bet , but does not ackknowledge that the hand itself lost....table gets very quiet.
    Supervisor comes over to investigate the commotion, confirms the payout is correct, and the player collects his "win" against the dealers three of a kind.

I am now convinced that anything is possible. in terms of mis-pays

I had a dealer that kept busting with an ace. I guess he forgot it can count as 1 as well as 11. Needless to say I started to make bets based a lot on my ace side count.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    And a few days ago I had a dealer hit a hard 18. It consisted of five cards as an 18, and after a careful look at what he had he takes another card. Bust!
    I had a 7 card 18 the other day, 4,3,4,A,A,3,2. The dealer busted with a ten showing and a 6 in the hole, then drew a ten.

Not really a typical Dealer Error, rather a blunder. While playing a Double Deck pitch game last week the Dealer dealt the cards and turned up a 9 for herself, before acknowledging the hit signal from first base, the next card to be played from her hand fell out into the chip tray. It was a 2 of spades. I'm setting at third base with k,9 ( hard 19 ), the dealer called the floor to the table. Floor started at first base and asked if he wished to stay in the hand or pull back his wager. There were 3 other players at the table besides me, they each pulled their bets back. I stayed and turned my cards over and put up another $50 wager to Double Down, floor said OK deal him his duce for 21. Needless to say the Dealer had 19, I won my double with 21. The player at second base said damn I had 19 also! I said I can add, it's simple math!

Had a dealer pay me when I had a multi card 22; must have though that I had 21; $400 bet.

Had a different dealer pay my 19 Double down when he drew to a 20. I doubled down on a 9 and caught a face; dealer must have been used to assuming that a face double down card meant 21.

I have had a lot of helpful dealers. They might forget to offer insurance before checking and then make it obvious whether they had BJ or not. "Are you sure you don't want insurance" or "Nobody wants insurance right". Or pull a card and see it when nobody wanted a hit, standing on their stiffs against a 6. The dealer is saying somebody needs to hit trust me. Still nobody hits even after I explain to them the card is a great card for the dealer, a 4 or 5, which makes it a great card for you. I had a 19 so I couldn't hit. Of course the card was a 6. It would have made everyone else's hands. The dealer flipped a 9 and hit with the 5 for 20. I don't know why people think dealers are the opponent. It's not their money and the only money they get comes when you tip. Why would they want you to lose? Losers don't usually tip as much as winners.

Man, I need to find some of those dealers T3 plays with. I feel like lately I've been playing against brick walls that feel the players are silly for investing in blackjack.

Had a UTH dealer who couldn't figure out which cards were hers and which were mine. So basically I got to make my best hand out of 9 total (5 board, 2 mine, 2 dealer), while the dealer only had 7 cards....but was still having difficulty determining which hand she should play. Plenty of mis pays (I got paid like 15:1 on full house one time, wtf?).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I was betting green and having a nice run.
    I had most of dealer's greens, so he starts paying me in blacks.
    I bet 8 greens & win hand, not a bj, and dealer yells 3 blacks going out.
    Floor looks quickly and says OK.
    I say to myself thank you very much.

On my last trip I was playing heads up all night with a female dealer that would deal until there was no more cards left in the shoe. I would take the cut card and put it sideways where there is a gap from the felt to the raceway on the table where you can put your chips or drink. I didn't exploit this every time but a few times when we were in positive territory and I didn't want the shoe to end. Tipped her well throughout the night.

I had a dealer try to double my double last night. I didn't accept it and pointed out the error to them (heads up). NO WAY was I going to take that on such a large bet.

I've ran into a decent number of dealer errors. A lot of them aren't the type this thread is about though (dealers telling players incorrect BS for the game when they all have charts on the back of their IDs). My favorite are misread hand signals that are reversed resulting in you knowing the next card. I'm going to mention a few in recent memory. One night a dealer 'bust' on her 21 and at a different table with a different dealer, the dealer declares a player's 22 as 21. I've also seen staying on a 3-card hard 16 (perhaps the dealer thought it was 17). The most profitable of the recent ones, which truthfully, I can't remember whether or not was an actual error was a $25 double (I'm a red chipper) that a dealer paid out when he had 17. I'm about 80% sure I had 17 as well. After I took my 4 greens back, I paused because I was pretty sure it was a push. The dealer seemed to notice, but after a few seconds dealing commenced.

I also recall a dealer attempting to pay me again on a blackjack after I took my 1.5x back and she took my cards but I quickly pointed this out. I generally go by the policy that if I see a mistake that doesn't harm me or another player then I won't point it out. This time I made an exception since it was such an obvious mistake the dealer probably would have gotten in trouble later. This brings up a question that a players comment today made me wonder about. Can you get into any trouble if you fail to point out dealers mistakes? A player at my table was commenting after a mistake that "$10 isn't worth getting thrown out over" and implied that he's witnessed it before. However I'm skeptical, couldn't a player just plead ignorance? If the dealer made a mistake and didn't notice, how far out there is it to really think a player didn't notice either?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast