Thread: Rounds/Hour methodology for playing two hands

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Rounds/Hour methodology for playing two hands

I'm curious as to what people's methodologies are for Rounds/Hour they use in CVCX when playing multiple hands. I generally either play a single hand and spread to two hands with an advantage or play-all with two hands and would like to know whether I'm essentially underestimating my win rate in CVCX. Does using the "Play Two Hands" option essentially account for the increase in hands per hour from playing two hands without needing to change the "Rounds/Hour" setting?

Example: I am playing one hand at a table with one other player and a reasonable dealer and spread from 1x25 to 1x500. I calculate my Rounds/Hour at 100 and my win rate at $100 per 100 rounds. If I change my strategy to play-all (via the "Play Two Hands" option) with a spread of 2x25 to 2x500 (not taking into account BR/ROR) and all other factors are kept the same, I get ~$200 per 100 rounds. This makes sense. However, should I actually be using a Rounds/Hour setting >100 to accurately calculate my win rate? Or is the increase in win rate via increase in hands per hour already taken into account and it is reasonable to continue using 100 for the Rounds/Hour setting?

Not sure if this is making sense or not.

You are saying you are playing 100 rounds at the settings you have chosen. 100 rounds @ 1 hand or 100 rounds at 2 hands. If changing from 1 hand to 2 hands slows your game, you should decrease from 100 to however many rounds will be dealt in 1 hour. I don't think rounds per hour will ever be an exact figure but you have to base it on the most accurate information you can obtain.

Blackjack Attack has a discussion of rounds per hour on pages 18-19 and there is one here: https://www.blackjackinfo.com/knowle...ands-per-hour/ and here: http://wizardofodds.com/ask-the-wizard/136/
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

IT's rounds per hour, not hands per hour.

As you increase to more hands per ROUND, you have to decrease your assumption for rounds per hour. That's entirely logical; just think about it for a minute. Your higher hourly win comes from playing more hands. But, if CVCX keeps quoting that win for 100 ROUNDS per hour, then, at some point, it is overstating your win, because, while the extra money on the table is already being factored in, the fewer rounds per hour is NOT being taken into account.

Clear?

Don

Understood. I guess I was just mislabeling rounds/hour as hands/hour.