Thread: Calculate the strategy (formula)?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Calculate the strategy (formula)?

Hi guys,

I have a question.

Imagine that you’ll be able to memorize all cards used in e.g. a 8 decked game, the basic strategy must then change at some point, right?

If I look at the “standard” strategy charts, then I can’t use the chart if the count is very high or vice versa.

I’m looking for the formula to calculate if I should Hit, Stand (or double or split). So I can calculate my own strategy chart based on the used cards.

Can anyone provide me with a link to the math formula to calculate this? I want to do the calculation myself.

Thanks and happy New Year

Kind regards,
    Thek

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What you are talking about is called Index Numbers. They are calculated using computer simulations of millions of hands for each play decision to find out above or below which count to make which play. There is no simple formula to calculate index numbers directly with the desired accuracy. The Top 18 of these plays are the Illustrious 18 and are found in Donald Schlesinger's book "Blackjack Attack". Any book that covers a count system has the index numbers in it...Stanford Wong's Professional Blackjack has all of the Index Numbers for the High-Low count. Bryce Carlson's book "Blackjack for Blood" has the index numbers for the Advanced Omega II count, and so forth. You can calculate your own with QFIT's CV-Data software program.