Thread: Advantage Per True Count Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Advantage Per True Count Question

In Professional Blackjack, Stanford Wong states that the Hi Lo Count gains a .50 advantage for each True Count ( 1 ). I'm not certain, but I thought I read somewhere that for the Hi-Opt II System the gain is .25 for each True Count ( 1 ). Can anyone help me with the correct answer and how do you arrive at these percentages?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You can use CVCX (or CVCX online if you don't have the software) to see the advantage at each true count. If you want to know a good average increase in edge per TC, you can calculate it yourself. Just find the difference in the edge at TC +1 and the edge at TC +4 and divide by 3, and that will give you the change in EV per TC over the range where you are generally varying your bets. For HiLo, it's about 0.55% for 6D S17 DAS. For Hi Opt II with ace side count, I18/Fab4, over the range TC +2 to TC +8 (similar edges as the HiLo range I used), you gain about 0.32% per TC. Since several of the tags are +2, it shouldn't be a surprise that the TC moves more for the same change in advantage. Simply put, you arrive at those percentages by simulation of hundreds of millions of hands.