See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KJ, T3, and Tarzan

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cool KJ, T3, and Tarzan

Exoter is the cancer to this forum and is a fanboy of KJ, Tthree and Tarzan, you guys should probably buy a shirt for him, it would be nice for all the misguided support he gives you.
    I'll take my t shirts XL in black preferably.

On a slightly less "dramatic" topic, I'd like to take a moment to thank Norm for his patience on this forum. I know it isn't your day job, as much as the demands of this forum sometimes make it so, so I'd like to go ahead and give you a shout out and a pat on the back for providing us (even those of us who don't pay for a sub) access to this forum and its plethora of information and advice from long time players and mathematicians.

We (I use this word lightly for me) sometimes take this forum far too seriously and don't recognize it for what it is. Here on this forum, it isn't a "game" of who can make the most, or whose advice is better, or who is the most popular. It isn't a game at all. This should be (and it is to me) an outlet to discuss current events of our common interests, as well as a place to let loose, relax, share a few stories both good and bad, and maybe bend the ear of some of the more polished players to get some sound advice.

If I may for a moment, correct that quote from ZK prior to his suspension (again). I don't "give" misguided support to those three individuals. In fact, there's about 20 individuals on this forum that I give "support" to, either for their long time "professional" play, or their advice, or their willingness to learn.

I do, however, support KJ fully. He is the embodiment of what I aspire to become, and if I get a chance to listen to anything he has to say, I'm going to keep my mouth shut and listen. T3 is another example of someone who I tend to listen more to and support than most. Though we often butt heads because we have wildly differing styles of play, to me, he is without a doubt the smartest player on this forum. I don't challenge him to that, I respect it and recognize it for what it is. Tarzan is a different case for me, as far as this forum goes. I've never really discussed much with him, or about many things, but what little I do know about him, I have nothing but absolute praise for, because he's gone out there with his own system, a very diverse index set, and from the outside looking in, looks like he could rival T3 for forum smarts, and that's not anything to "hate" on, from the eyes of ZK. There is literally so much knowledge on this forum for all of us, old and new, to take in. So many people to learn from, so many experiences to learn from, and I feel like in certain scenarios, some of us will withhold what we'd like to say or share, simply because there are a few on this forum who want nothing more than to argue, troll, and bash others for their play.

To the guys like SCG, Moses, Aslan, even you Norm. Keep your posts up. The forum needs as much from you guys due to your unique and interesting perspectives, as well as your amazingly positive attitudes. That kind of positive breeds success, innovation, and builds a foundation for the community.

I really just want to hug you all, or buy you a beer. If you guys ever track me down in real life, let me know, first couple rounds are on me!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Have you photoshopped there faces into your wedding photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    Actually, I have all of our faces photoshopped onto the movie poster for "The Hangover".

Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
    Actually, I have all of our faces photoshopped onto the movie poster for "The Hangover".
    Hahaha

KJ, Tarzan, Tthree and Exoter - The Wolfpack.

If this ever happens for real i'm joining as Leslie Chow.

KJ, Tarzan, Tthree and Exoter - The Wolfpack.
    Wouldn't that be a riot? KJ and I would be more of the spotters in this sense, with T3 and Tarzan being the BP's, and then we light vegas on fire for millions and end up on a roof somewhere!

By the way, just looked at the poster, and it only has Allan, Stu, Phil, and the baby. That, to me, seems all the more awesome, because obviously KJ is Allan, and I'm the baby. T3 is Phil, and Tarzan is Stu. Its all like a match made in heaven.

If this ever happens for real i'm joining as Leslie Chow.
    Deal, deal, deal. Absolute deal. All we need now is a Doug, a black Doug, and a stripper!

Nah you be Doug, i'll get my kid to be the baby. I call him Carlos sometimes.

Banned or Suspended

This one made me laugh!!!!

O

The first post should have serious background music
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    The first post should have serious background music
    Pachabels Canon.

I think ZK set a record. First post off of suspension gets you a suspension. I trust ZK is the only one that didn't understand the link he posted about cancer. A chronic viral infection can lead to cell damage that in some individuals raises their risk to get cancer. Most likely it damaged some tumor suppressing genes on one or another chromosome. Hitting a high cancer risk DNA damage combo often involves altering a combination of chromosomes. The body has duplicate systems for some of its intracellular cancer defenses and some have only 1 copy of the DNA that performs the defensive task. The latter is the type that when damaged enough that they no longer can perform their task can be a part of the failure to self destruct a cancer cell before it reproduces.

Everyone makes about 40,000 cancer cells a day and a defense system that has at least 3 levels of fail safe destroys all of them. Only when multiple fail safes fail (some intracellular and some from outside the cell) do you develop cancer. If the cell ever survives the bodies multiple self destruct systems for cancer cells and creates a copy successfully that also fails to be self destructed you will get a cancer because the cells are now fooling your bodies systems that destroy cancer cells usually due to damage to certain DNA either from copy errors or invaders such as viruses that become a part of your cells RNA in order to use your cells own inner mechanisms to reproduce itself. Your cells are constantly disassembling and reassembling your DNA in order to perform the intracellular functions. The virus uses this to reproduce. It can't reproduce on its own.

Anyway the point being that catching the virus doesn't cause cancer but if you have the right DNA and the virus coexists in your cells long enough you can develop damaged cells that are not necessarily capable of destroying a cancerous reproduction of itself. The virus doesn't really cause cancer by it can increase your risk that your body will not destroy all 40,000 cancer cells it produces on any given day. The authors target audience would clearly understand this distinction so using the term viral infections cause cancer would be understood to have this meaning. Unfortunately ZK learns just enough about anything to make himself look foolish to use a kind word.

I am going to take the advice of others and not even read his posts anymore. Responding only helps his clear purpose of derailing good threads and damaging the forum. The entertainment value of what kind of misconceived post he is making is losing its appeal. He will most likely be permanently banned soon as he clearly doesn't understand the purpose of a temporary suspension. A permanent ban await those types of posters. It is just a matter of how much patients Norm has. He always amazes me how patient he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I think ZK set a record. First post off of suspension gets you a suspension.

I am going to take the advice of others and not even read his posts anymore. Responding only helps his clear purpose of derailing good threads and damaging the forum. The entertainment value of what kind of misconceived post he is making is losing its appeal. He will most likely be permanently banned soon as he clearly doesn't understand the purpose of a temporary suspension. A permanent ban await those types of posters. It is just a matter of how much patients Norm has. He always amazes me how patient he is.
    From reading his comments for over a year now, I would guess he's a 12 year old kid, maybe 14 years old ... (please keep that suspension forever)
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast