See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: CVData new release available

Blog Entries

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData new release available

Rebate functionality has been added to CVData. Actually, much of the code has been in CVData but hidden for quite some time. The impetus behind releasing it is an update to Rick Blaine’s book, Blackjack Blueprint, containing some info on rebates. I believe the book has been printed but has not yet worked its way into Amazon. I think Rick concentrates on the non-negotiable and action chip rebates. There is another book that may be available later that discusses rebates paid only after a predetermined loss.

This is a free update to CVData V5. So, it is free to anyone that has purchased in the last 4.5 years. However, the price of CVData and CVCX will increase on July 15th. CVData will increase from $160 to $175. CVCX from $85 to $90. Purchasers before that will receive the new version. Updates can be downloaded from the updates section of http://www.qfit.com/downloads.htm.

Below is the Help for the Rebates function along with screenprints of the Rebates and related Sessions and Multi-Betting screens:

Rebates

The Rebate function can be used in combination with the Sessions function and Betting Multi-Strategies to simulate various rebate scenarios. Index generation is also supported.

Rebate On

• Turn this option on to enable rebate functionality. When off, all rebate settings are ignored.

Rebate Type

• Paid at bankroll loss – If set, the entire rebate will be paid only if you lose your entire bankroll.
    • Discounted non-negotiable chips – When set, you purchase non-negotiable chips at a discount. For example, 10,000 in chips for $9,000. These chips look different than normal chips and must be played as they have no cash value. When you bet and lose, they are taken. When you bet and win, you are paid with negotiable chips.
    • Discounted action chips – When set, you purchase non-negotiable chips at a discount. When you lose, they are taken. When you win, not only are you paid with real chips, but the action chips bet are also replaced with real chips.

Rebate Options

• Rebate Percentage – This is the percentage discount. 10 would indicate a 10% discount, or a 10% rebate if Paid at bankroll loss is set.
    • Bonus chips – When set, instead of discounted chips, you would get bonus chip. So a $10,000 buy-in with a 10% bonus would get you $11,000 in chips.
    • Split/DD only with real chips – When set, you must use real chips for double down and split bets.

When using the Paid at bankroll loss type of rebate, the Sessions functions can be used to set session stopping rules and bankroll. The Multi-Betting Strategies function also has the ability to change betting strategies according to your remaining bankroll. This provides the ability to change the number of hands or betting patterns when you are approaching the loss rebate point.

The discounted and bonus options are also supported for index generation. You are more likely to go for a win instead of a push with a loss rebate.

rebatex1.jpgrebatex2.jpgrebatex3.jpg
    Last edited by Norm; 06-27-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Forgot something. This version also contains an XML button on the sim reports page. Select the tables that you would like to output and then XML to output in XML format for further processing.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Good sound.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)