See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Uston SS

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Uston SS

Does anyone have full indices for Uston SS counting system?

No but I have it for Brh-I which is a stronger system.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

JG IS THE STRONGEST, IMHO, IF YOU CAN LEARN IT ALL. SEE IT ALL. THEY PLAY IT ALL.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    OP do yourself a favor and drop Uston SS and learn HiLo Full Indices which can be found in Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.

You can thank me later

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Might as well go Uston APC with ace side count. If you have the skillz to do it accurately why waste it? You would have to switch to a balanced count so maybe that is a skill set problem. Advising someone to use HILO without knowing what types of games they intend to play is not wise. If he attacks primarily or exclusively pitch games HILO is not the best choice but neither is Uston SS. Sorry but I tried to find the indices and only found out there weren't many without getting any. Like HILO, Uston SS has a very low PE but no as low as HILO. The count is harder but has a huge BC (much better than HILO) and is unbalanced so no true count conversions. HILO's terrible IC is better than Uston SS. I would put them as comparable counts in strength and utility but I bet HILO significantly out produces Uston SS in most situations at the same ROR but Uston SS may be slightly better at the same high spread but at lower spreads HILO significantly out produces Uston SS. These predictions are for shoe games as neither are great counts for pitch games so not much point to which of the bottom of the barrel is better. Of course other choices of counts would blow away both. The advantage in these "better" counts are simply making more conditions playable not so much the increase in EV; although, the increase in EV is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Might as well go Uston APC with ace side count. If you have the skillz to do it accurately why waste it? You would have to switch to a balanced count so maybe that is a skill set problem. Advising someone to use HILO without knowing what types of games they intend to play is not wise. If he attacks primarily or exclusively pitch games HILO is not the best choice but neither is Uston SS. Sorry but I tried to find the indices and only found out there weren't many without getting any. Like HILO, Uston SS has a very low PE but no as low as HILO. The count is harder but has a huge BC (much better than HILO) and is unbalanced so no true count conversions. HILO's terrible IC is better than Uston SS. I would put them as comparable counts in strength and utility but I bet HILO significantly out produces Uston SS in most situations at the same ROR but Uston SS may be slightly better at the same high spread but at lower spreads HILO significantly out produces Uston SS. These predictions are for shoe games as neither are great counts for pitch games so not much point to which of the bottom of the barrel is better. Of course other choices of counts would blow away both. The advantage in these "better" counts are simply making more conditions playable not so much the increase in EV; although, the increase in EV is nice.
    Uston SS will beat Hi-lo since it is level three count system. I do think a more modern indices should be generate for the system. Uston APC with ace side full indices is going to perform the same as Hi-opt II with ace side full indices but Uston APC is harder to master. If master one will play almost a prefect game in blackjack.

For Uston SS indices try the follow website.

http://www.uston.com/teaching.htm

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 06-21-2014 at 05:44 PM.

If you have the skill to do a level 2/3 count you should definitely be true counting it. The BRH counts are still better though, especially if you could do Brh-II and keep the secondary betting count.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Uston APC with ace side full indices is going to perform the same as Hi-opt II with ace side full indices but Uston APC is harder to master. If master one will play almost a prefect game in blackjack.
    I know someone that uses this. His biggest problem he tends to his his win tolerance goal on almost every session. I try to tell this person he needs to post some small losses. It falls on deaf ears and he gets backed off at the places that don't care why you win despite a great cover and act. Save the comments, sometimes the cards get the better of the system but the strings of wins are pretty amazing and how fast the win tolerance goal is reached. It is almost like watching Tarzan play. He is usually done before I select a table.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Yes if pitch games then of course use the side count. If shoe switch to HiLo. I assumed he was a shoe player if he was using Uston SS