Thread: Custom TC calculation / deck estimation.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Custom TC calculation / deck estimation.

Hi!

According to the help:

Ø 95th Percentile - Assuming Full Deck Resolution, If this option is set, 0-49 cards removed is considered a full shoe and 50-99 cards is considered one deck removed.

What I would like to do is something like a "75th percentile" deck estimation, in a way that 0-38 cards removed is considered a full shoe and 39-90 cards is considered one deck removed.

I tried this custom TC, but I don't think I understood the table correctly, because it is not working (it is still rounding the deck estimation):

customTC.PNG

I thank you very much in advance for any help.

Best!
    Life's true face is the skull.” - Nikos Kazantzakis

Blog Entries

Go to File-Backup and send me a backup.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Hi Norm, thanks for the reply. Does that mean the table should work?

I just sent you the backup file.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best!

Blog Entries

You're not using a true-counted strategy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You're not using a true-counted strategy.
    What?!!?

Of course I am Norm, what do you mean by that?

I am lost here....

Blog Entries

You'll need to see it do something you think shouldn't happen and send me a screenprint along with an explanation of what you think is wrong.

Hi Norm!

If my custom TC should work like the "75% percentile" deck estimation I described in my first post, after 29 cards removed, the remaining decks should be 6, right? But it is still 5 as if it were rounding the deck estimation as usual. That is nothing special that you should see in a screenprint, but I am attaching one anyway. See in the left? Cards=29; Remaining decks=5; I want it to be 6.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Skull21 View Post
    But it is still 5 as if it were rounding the deck estimation as usual.
    "already 5"... sorry!

Blog Entries

There are five decks remaining in the normal method of estimating remaining decks. The Custom TC Calculation doesn't use remaining decks. It uses remaining cards along with a table of multipliers or divisors for the purposes of calculating TCs. This is highly flexible, and therefore impossible for the program to know that you are thinking of this as six decks instead of five decks. It just uses the table for TC calcs. So, the TC calc should be as you wish. But, it will not display remaining decks as you think of them as it has no way to divine this.

If you wish, you can turn off Custom TC, change the TC Res and Last Deck Res, and turn it back on. These options control how remaining decks is displayed, even when Custom TC is on. When set to Full deck, remaining decks is displayed as an integer. When set to exact, it is displayed as a decimal. When set to Half or Qtr deck, it is displayed with a fraction.

But, it will not display remaining decks as you think of them as it has no way to divine this.
    Thanks Norm, this clarifies things.

If you wish, you can turn off Custom TC, change the TC Res and Last Deck Res, and turn it back on. These options control how remaining decks is displayed, even when Custom TC is on. When set to Full deck, remaining decks is displayed as an integer. When set to exact, it is displayed as a decimal. When set to Half or Qtr deck, it is displayed with a fraction.
    OK, I just did that. So, if I understood correctly, by changing TC Res and turning Custom TC on, it will display the fractions, but it will use the custom table accordingly, right?

If that's correct, then I guess the below image shows my table is working as I want.

131 cards removed would be considered 3 decks remaining using normal rounding and my TC would be -3 for RC=-7, using flooring for TC division. So, my way, it considers 131 cards removed as 4 decks remaining, thus TC -2.

However, if is using quarter or half deck estimation, the TC would also be +2 without using my table. So that's why I need to be sure it is only displaying the fractions but not using them for TC calculation.

image2.PNG

Blog Entries

Correct

I guess the image below proves it is using my table correctly. If it were rounding, there would be 2 decks remaining, thus a TC = +5; if it were dividing by 2.3, TC would be +4; since it is using my method, it is dividing by 3 decks remaining and giving TC = +3.

I was fooled by the display of the decks remaining.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out Norm!

Best!

image3.PNG