See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $800 br

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    He only gives the reader like 10 or 12 plays right?

the only one I noticed that one could argue could be a little later was 15 vs. 10 , but it's such a small small amount it seems for simplicity he puts it with the others? one or two small cards later and it's perfect? ... at rc = 24 I choose to wait until another small card or two to stand .... what others have you noticed? because everything else for index plays seem ok to me , RC = 24 ?
    In card counting the second more important play after insurance is 16 vs 10. Daniel Dravot have the deviation as stand on TC >= +1 if surrender is not available. Looking at the Illustrious 18 deviations and the fab 4 Don have the EV max for that play stand at TC = 0. If we can use a moving running count for true count of 0 instead of TC >= +1 there might be a gain in our SCORE and win rate. Another benefit of using TC = 0 is we now have more information to make the play deviation for 12 vs 4 and double on A8 vs 6 more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Another benefit of using TC = 0 is we now have more information to make the play deviation for 12 vs 4 and double on A8 vs 6 more accurately.
    I kinda got ya on the first point , but I don't understand how TC=0 plays , relate to plays being made at 4 ?
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    I kinda got ya on the first point , but I don't understand how TC=0 plays , relate to plays being made at 4 ?
    Any correct indices added will increase SCORE. I am not saying the indices that Daniel Dravot have in COB is wrong. They can just be further improve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123