Thread: MRI feature in CVDATA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

MRI feature in CVDATA

What is the main function of the MRI feature in CVDATA? Is the MRI feature required if I using Multi-Betting Strategy to simulate a system?

Blog Entries

MRI Slice

Ø Tens of thousands of stats are kept by
    True Count, Running Count, Deck Depth and Units Bet. But sometimes you would
    like to see data that is by a combination of these. For example, you might want
    to look at all True Counts of 4 in the second round. Or all Running Counts that
    result in a True Count of 4. Keeping all of this data for every sim would mean
    thousands of tables. So the MRI feature was developed to look at a slice of
    data.

Ø For example, If you set the True Count
    MRI option on and you select +1 to +3, then data will be collected only for TCs
    or +1 to +3. Thus, if you look at the Hand Depth tables; you will see the stats
    for just these TCs at each hand depth. Also, if you look at the Dealer Hands
    tables; you will see dealer busts and dealer BJs that occur only at the
    specified True Counts. In V5, the Hands tables are also limited by the MRI
    settings, so you can see, for example, the advantages or numbers of specific
    hands at specific counts, depths, etc.

Ø Note: Should you wish to see results for
    TC 1, TC 2, TC 3 etc, this would require several sims. You can use the Multi-Sim
    feature on the Tools menu to specify that you want several sims run with
    different MRI Slices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Whether or not you hit, the next round is likely to start with a positive count, unless taking that one card causes a shuffle. Below is the HiLo 15v7 hit/stand chart from CVData:

15v7.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse