Thread: Question on buying software

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question on buying software

I want to get cvbj and cvcx which I see goes for $160 as a bundle.

How do you determine the eligibility of "upgrading" from previous versions? If one can "upgrade" CVBJ can one get a discounted price on the above bundle? Maybe not the full $45 but something?

I left a message on the 800 order # a week or so ago to ask this but I never got a call back.

If one does "upgrade", does that mean I have to have an installed version of CVBJ (say ver 4.2 by example) and I would not get a full, stand-alone version I could re-install again at a later point in time? My problem is after upgrading to a real computer, my 2.1 original CVBJ disk just doesn't install (Win 8.1 64-bit). I think I upgraded it to Ver 4 something. So a disk will not find a previous version on this machine to "upgarde."

Worked fine on my old Pentium III 900 MgHz 512K machine though lmao.

I'm not trying to be cheap. Your software is cheap at twice the price. I can't tell you how many hours of enjoyment it's given me over the years.

But a buck's a buck lol.

I want to end up with disks I can install from.

Blog Entries

I keep records of purchases. You do not need to have the previous version installed and get full CDs. You can get the discount on the CVBJ purchase, but can't use the bundle.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I keep records of purchases. You do not need to have the previous version installed and get full CDs. You can get the discount on the CVBJ purchase, but can't use the bundle.
    What will happen if someone bought the full CD from somebody else? Can that person still get the upgrade CD from you?

Blog Entries

Are they still using it? In that case, they are criminals.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Are they still using it? In that case, they are criminals.
    No, it is like they using the newer version and selling the older version. For example, they are using the up to date version of CVBJ and selling the 5.0 version.

Blog Entries

Crime: "An action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law."