See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Q.

Do I need to manually remove the tens for Spanish 21 sims in CVCX? What other adjustments are necessary?

You need to set the exact rules for all of the various Spanish 21 playing options and select (or create) a strategy for Spanish 21 that uses those rules.

Blog Entries

Create a configuration using one of the Spanish21 templates. This will alter the deck as well as set all the rules and the Spanish21 basic strategy. If you want to count, there is a Spanish21 starter strategy for HiLo that you can select and create indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
    You need to set the exact rules for all of the various Spanish 21 playing options and select (or create) a strategy for Spanish 21 that uses those rules.
    That's what I was afraid of.

Blog Entries

The template sets the default rules for Spanish 21. You need only change the few rules that vary from the standard set. There is also a template to set up index generation for SP21 if you wish to use indices. Otherwise, just select the SP21 basic strategy which includes all the oddball doubling and hit/stand plays.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Just out of curiosity, do you input your count tags to generate indices for any count? What about the very complicated counts often employed in Carney games? Can it do multiple balanced counts that combine or are used separately depending on what is the best for the decision being made? Does it use counters basic strategy for bonus plays or regular basic strategy? What about index adjustments for bonus plays? Is your simulator able to simulate other carney games?

I keep hearing there are no good advanced simulators for carney games on the market and everyone that has one either wrote it themselves or modified an existing simulator with their own code. The ones out there work well for a simple approach but the trouble is a simple approach doesn't perform well at carney games and using a simple approach makes detection by the counter catchers really easy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    do you input your count tags to generate indices for any count?
    Yes, you input count tags.

What about the very complicated counts often employed in Carney games?
    Depends. You can, for example, have a separate count that has different tags for each of the 52 cards to be used for side bets. You might want to count the Queen of Hearts differently.

Can it do multiple balanced counts that combine or are used separately depending on what is the best for the decision being made?
    You can have a multi-parameter count. But, probably not to the degree you are talking about.

Does it use counters basic strategy for bonus plays or regular basic strategy?
    Whatever you wish, including rules or indices that vary by number of cards, current depth, current bankroll, or knowledge of the next card.

What about index adjustments for bonus plays?
    Some support exists to generate and use CD indices for bonus plays. But, I don't advise their use.

Is your simulator able to simulate other carney games?
    Only BJ is supported. Included are 21+3, Big Slick, Bonanza BJ, Dare any Pair, Field of Gold, High Tie Bonus, Lucky Ladies, Lucky Lucky, Match the Dealer, Over/Under, Pair Square. Perfect Pairs, Royal Match, Spanish 21, Super 7's, Sweet 16 and Streak. Or, you can add your own custom bonuses or side bets. I have code for other games, but without user interfaces.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-09-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Create a configuration using one of the Spanish21 templates. This will alter the deck as well as set all the rules and the Spanish21 basic strategy. If you want to count, there is a Spanish21 starter strategy for HiLo that you can select and create indices.
    I'm looking at the "Payoffs" window at the left column, listing various bonuses such as 678, 5-card 21 etc, and all the payoffs are 0 (as in 0:10). The standard rules for SP 21 of course includes a very specific set of payouts for such bonuses.

Blog Entries

Click the Set Custom Bonuses button.

Thanks for the answers Norm. Nobody is volunteering to share their custom simulators. I am debating writing my own or buying one. The trouble is none on the market do as much as I would like them to.

Under tables; Spanish 21; there's the dark blue box for reverse indices. The dark blue box for reverse indices works under the Split tables; although in Felt there aren't reverse indices for splitting. All's well with the world, and the birds are singing. However, under the Surrender table, I cannot get the dark blue reverse index box to work. And there are supposed to be reverse indices with 17 vs. A; and 88 vs. A. When I right click on the box, several options pop up, but not the dark blue box.
    I applied the 1.79 recent upgrade but this didn't fix it.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Instead of right-clicking, click on the blue box and then on the cell.

That fixed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast