See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you "handle" a huge win?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How do you "handle" a huge win?

There have been quite a few threads asking advice about handling big losses. I'm curious about how people handle great positive variation. This last weekend I had a huge win--480 units. I only play small stakes at this point, but this has given me a viable BR of approximately 12K. I'm tempted, as some have suggested for this size BR, to move up to $25 tables. Or should I stick to the $10/$15 tables until I hopefully one day hit 20K? Also, I'm obviously very amped about this win, but I don't want to develop delusions of invulnerability. Anyone have any advice on staying grounded?

Best,
    jjjggg
    -jjjggg

I rarely have huge wins because I'm gone before they get huge. It's best to avoid huge wins to avoid attracting attention to yourself. If I have one of those "can't lose a hand" shoes, and I was betting big, I'll leave either when the count drops or the shoe ends.

Well as for me I'd stick with the $10 tables. Maybe your minimum bet could be raised to $15. I'm a big believer in a large amount of betting units. I heard that 1000 BUs will take care of almost any swings in variance.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

You don't have enough money yet for $25 minimum on shoes unless you are back counting. Most likely your best option will be spreading something like $10-120 or so. If you don't have it yet, use some of your winnings to buy CVCX and play around with it to determine the best mix of risk and reward for the game conditions available to you.

wow, that awesome- congrads!

Wow that is very niiiiiiice.
    Blackjack is the beest.
    Blackjack im Internet
    Last edited by Blackii; 02-04-2014 at 06:01 AM.

I treat myself to a pricey buffet.

jjjggg, Congratulations on the win. Was it one sitting or several session? My best days are several sessions winning and I handle it with a beer or six. Walk around and laugh. Eat well, get good sleep and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baberuth View Post
    jjjggg, Congratulations on the win. Was it one sitting or several session? My best days are several sessions winning and I handle it with a beer or six. Walk around and laugh. Eat well, get good sleep and do it again.
    I moved around quite a bit. I had 5 sessions in which I won roughly 100 units plus some smaller winning sessions (and some losing sessions too, of course). I tell you, Folks, I was and still am downright giddy!
    -jjjggg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Giddy is the right word!! Congrats!
    Last edited by BJNewbeeNoMore; 01-30-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Simply awesome! I can't wait to have the BR you currently have, still just a red-chipper here but manage to double my money just about every time I make a trip to the store.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    After a large win you put all the cash and chips on the bed in the hotel room, take pictures of it, and then go out and celebrate with your teammates.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by RWM View Post
    After a large win you put all the cash and chips on the bed in the hotel room, take pictures of it, and then go out and celebrate with your teammates.
    As I read this reply, I was sure you were going to say "roll around naked on it".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast