See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Wonging out

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wonging out

Delete
    Last edited by moses; 10-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Nothing in counting is about your feelings.

See BJA3, chapter 13, Part 1. More than you would ever hope for in an answer!

Don

Not right now. Go here: http://tinyurl.com/k79acm4

Don

Does it appear the books will arrive on schedule around Jan 31 Don?

Haven't had any further word from Bettie. Will shoot her an e-mail.

Don

Wonging out in a short session is easy. You only need 2-3 excuses or leave with no excuse, who cares. If you have been using them for so many sessions you will have them down so good it will be easy and seem real. If you refuse to play in bad counts, the chance of winning skyrockets. So fun!

I use running count for wongouts. For High-Low it's -8 RC, for Zen it's -14RC. I do this because I feel I get more value for my wongout (or actual table departure) early in the shoe (from a time/opportunity cost standpoint). Near the end of a shoe I may still wongout at a near neutral running count but it will be just to sit out or go to the restroom rather than an actual table hop/departure. For me early in the shoe wongouts usually involve changing tables.

Zen RC -14 is almost the same as High-Low/Halves -8. Each +1 High Low = +1.8 Zen. 14/1.8 = 7.777 This is roughly equal to a Zen TC of -3.5 and a High-Low TC of -1.9 and for shoes you will wind up skipping 15.4% of the worst possible true counts on typical shoe games. If you bump your wongout point to -12 Zen this will be the same as roughly wongout out at Zen TC -2.5, High Low RC -6.6 (-1.4 True), and you'll skip the worst 21.4% of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Perhaps an earlier exit might reduce some of the horrid losing streaks that some players seem to be suffering.
    You mean like wonging out with the count?

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Yes...negative count. Some of these players seem to be suffering from extreme downside volatility. My experience is that using a chart in an extreme negative deck only helps reduce more lose. Sort of like being on the ropes in boxing. Hence, you are no longer playing to win but rather just trying not to get beat up too bad waiting for the deck to turn. For instance, I'm strictly a single deck player. The other day I sat down, got my chips, and first hand opened with 2 tens against dealers Ace. OF course I didn't insure and felt even better about my bet after seeing the hole card was another Ace. As God as my witness, she hits two more Aces and a 7. I "wonged out" after 1 hand and no one gave me any crap. They figured I was miffed but in actuality I wasn't about to play 6 more hands with no Aces in the deck and 2 tens gone. I came back 5 minutes later and met goal in 8 decks.
    Variance associated with minimum bets has little to do with extreme bankroll volatility.