Thread: CVBJ and Mobile Apps

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ and Mobile Apps

Having issues with CVBJ I entered an index play for 12 vs 4 to hit on any count below 0. I entered this in my strategy chart and every time I hit at say running count of -1 it marks it an error.

In addition - when I import my strategy into the mobile game it gives me an error and when I import into mobile drills it imports the strategy but leaves all the plays blank and does not correctly fill in the charts a all ut says successful upload.

Blog Entries

Woof. None of this makes sense.

In CVBJ, go to Files-Backup to create a backup file and then email it to [email protected]

What is the import number?

What is the error?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

My guess is that the def of strategy is to stand at 0 and above and hit at counts below 0 and truncate is used to define the strategy so you have to have a TC of -1 or lower to make the deviation. A RC less than 0 is still a TC of zero much of the time.

I'm using truncate so I guess that may explain it.

Norm the code I'm entering is 1236504431

i highlight my strategy in CVBJ and click export to mobile and the code does not stay the same each time I click export it changes the code.

Blog Entries

Yes, the export code will always change when exporting. But, you can use the same code when importing for years.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm, I sent the backup file to the email address provided.

Blog Entries

Got it. On Options-Settings-TC Calc., change Deck Estimate to Round.

Actually, this is an obsolete feature that some very old-timers used and I'll remove it when I get around to it.

I had a severe problem with getting barred in early days. Three bars in eleven days. Revere taught me to avoid looking at the discard tray and look at the shoe for evaluation of depth, at least in early parts of the shoe, to not look like a counter. This option was partly related.

Excellent, thanks for the advice. I truly appreciate it, a free way to avoid heat.

Blog Entries

I should say that, eventually, I dropped this methodology as viewing the shoe is not a particularly accurate method of determining depth. The cards aren't tight enough in the shoe. I found that there are better ways of not looking like you are observing the tray. They can see your head. But, they cannot see your eyeballs. You can swing your head from one side to another while focusing your eyes long enough on one spot. In dance, particularly ballet, this is somewhat related to "spotting," used to avoid dizziness when spinning. Not quite the same as they fix their heads. But, the point is to focus in one direction during a smooth movement.

It must be true you can learn something from everyone, dancing who would of thought Norm would have knowledge on this... This is even better advice turning my head towards one of the tv's while keeping my eyes on the tray. Just taking a quick look will definitely help.