See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is hi opt 2 good for 8d?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

is hi opt 2 good for 8d?

i've been using hi opt2 asc for years and successful in dd games. i'm trying to play 8d game because it's the only available option where i plan to move.
    the rule is

8d, 60% pen, stand on s17, early surrender, one card after ace split, das, bj 3:2, double any number.

the edge seems pretty good, just wondering if hi opt 2 would be good for this game. i heard a lot of people use hi-lo for shoe games tho, the heat is almost none, so i can do whatever i want ex. wong in the mid shoe, spread 1-20. should i stick with hi opt2? i wouldn't ace side count in 8d game though, it's gonna be too much work.

60% penetration on an 8 deck shoe?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Without the side count HO2 isn't going to work well. It may be necessary for you to travel to find a good game. Good luck.

If the game has full early surrender, not just vs the 10, then you have an edge off the top. Coupled with no heat, it sounds like a good game. HO2 without an ace side count should work just fine.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    badly cut multiple deck games advanced two level counts are a waste of time and effort. That said, Hi-Opt 2 is one of the highest testing counts there is but does require keeping a side count of Aces. You'll get better results looking for a better game to play and using a count that is easy and creates no fatigue. (High-Low, Zen, Halves, KO, whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by deviru View Post
    i've been using hi opt2 asc for years and successful in dd games. i'm trying to play 8d game because it's the only available option where i plan to move.
    the rule is

8d, 60% pen, stand on s17, early surrender, one card after ace split, das, bj 3:2, double any number.

the edge seems pretty good, just wondering if hi opt 2 would be good for this game. i heard a lot of people use hi-lo for shoe games tho, the heat is almost none, so i can do whatever i want ex. wong in the mid shoe, spread 1-20. should i stick with hi opt2? i wouldn't ace side count in 8d game though, it's gonna be too much work.
    The house edge for the your game is .199% off the top since early surrender is available. Even though the penetration is not that good this game is still a playable game because of the early surrender option. I am assuming full early surrender. Go multiple decks game using a count with ace side count doesn't have much game. I would suggest ace reckon count system like Zen, Hi-lo, KO.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    The house edge for the your game is .199% off the top since early surrender is available.
    With full early surrender, it should be a player edge of approximately .2%, not a house edge.

Are you sure you can surrender before the dealer checks for blackjack?

Off the top advantage,it's a good game no doubt. A great game ,maybe not .no heat ? It is a dream? It is for me ,for i have to play marginal games with a little gravy once in a while.

That's the thing about bj, marginal games becoming more and more prevalent. And as time continues, it's rated to only get worse.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Early surrender? Is this game even in USA?

this game is available in asia. and yes, you can surrender against any number as long as the dealer doesn't have bj. i was more comfortable with hi opt2 than any other system since it's the only system i have been using for years. i guess i might have to practice hi-lo again.

btw, do you guys mean you have the edge over the house with early surrender option when you count or just use basic strategy?
    Last edited by deviru; 01-17-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviru View Post
    and yes, you can surrender against any number as long as the dealer doesn't have bj.
    This is "Late Surrender" Early Surrender is having the opportunity to forfeit 1/2 of your bet before the dealer looks at his hole card when revealing an Ace or 10.

MavSharp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast