See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJ-G Hole Carding

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

BJ-G Hole Carding

It seems my BJ-G app has "lost" the ability to show me the peek card.

I had it turned on and it was working fine, showing me a quick glimpse of the down card. I went back to the main menu, fooled around with playing strategy options, and went back to the game, and it no longer shows me the down card. I set it back to the options I had when it was working, but no go.

I have toggled the view dealers down card option on and off and even rebooted the tablet. I also confirm that it is checked on and set to 100% -- but no downcard is shown anymore.

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

Second question: where do I view the included Hole-Carding strategy table? I see I can select it from the Peeking menu for high card and for low card, but don't see an option to display the table.

Much thanks!
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Blog Entries

On the first screen, make sure the free version isn't showing up in red at the bottom. Also, make sure no dealer hole card is set off on Common Rules. If they are alright, tell me all the settings on Peek. You can also hit Reset Defaults. But, that will reset all options and imported strategies. You would have to import again. Same import numbers will work.

You can only display the tables from Playing Strategies. Perhaps I should add buttons on Peeking.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Where do you get this app?

Blog Entries

"I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Oh geez....yeah "no dealer hole card" was set. I must have inadvertently fat-fingered it at some point. Thank you.

So, the other question -- then should I be able to view the included Hole-Carding strategy somewhere? I don't see it as an option in the strategy drop down menu. The help screen mentions them and how to view them on small screens, so I figure they're in their somewhere that I can't find?
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Oh geez....yeah "no dealer hole card" was set. I must have inadvertently fat-fingered it at some point. Thank you.
    Seeing the hole-card with ENHC is a whole-nother skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    So, the other question -- then should I be able to view the included Hole-Carding strategy somewhere
    Ah. Only why to see it is to make an error and click on the Error button. Guess I should add buttons.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Cool, thanks. I echo the sentiments that this app was worth every dollar, especially compared to the comparably priced competitor app that's out there -- if only I had it when I was brand new!

(Not to mention the prompt tech support )
    Last edited by Mr. White; 01-08-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Another question for you: I purchased the app maybe a week ago from the play store. Is there any way this is not the most up-to-date version?

When trying to import strategies, I get error 500 - file could not be read.

Additionally, when viewing those hole-carding tables via the error button, I get a table that is innacurate, and even has blue index-boxes, all set to zero.

These are problems similar with I had with the Drills program during the testing phase; I believe because what I had wasn't up to date. I thought this one was auto-updating though.

Version number is 1.0.5 if that helps.

Blog Entries

V1.0.5 should be OK. What is the imprt number of the strategy?

Import number: 19907291

And, here's the screen shot of the peculiar strategy chart:

screenshot.jpg

Blog Entries

That's not a valid import number. Make sure you are at CVBJ V5.6.177. BTW, you can display the strategy from the Playing Strategies screen. I forgot this could be done. However, you need to change the Playing strategy to a non-HC strategy on that screen, in case the hole-card isn't seen.

In reference to the tables: OK, I see the double exposure strategy in there. When I view those tables from the playing strategy screen, I still get strange returns. The first table it shows me is for Hard Hit/Stand, and is the same as shown in the screen shot in my previous post.

For instance, it says hit my 20 v a 9 through 13. It also displays blue index boxes. A specific example, it is indicating hit 12 and 13 versus 4 through 13 below an index 0.

Is this a problem with my device? Both Samsung S3 and Nexus 7 displaying the problems.

Blog Entries

Ahh. I see the problem. Change indices from No indices to Full indices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast