See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who would want to live in an institution?"

"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible, and wrong."

H. L. Mencken

The second explains the popularity of books on progression systems.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "When you get backed off, get revenge and forget about the money"

-LoneWoLF

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    "When you get backed off, get revenge and forget about the money"

-LoneWoLF
    Foolish approach. Suggest you rethink.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain

Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them. Albert Einstein

How come no one says this thread belongs elsewhere?

Blog Entries

I don't recognize that quote. Perhaps Mark Peter Hughes: “How could you ever feel comfortable if no matter where you went you felt like you belonged someplace else?”
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance."

Hunter S. Thompson
    Last edited by Sweaty; 08-24-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweaty View Post
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance."

Hunter S. Thompson
    Looking back, that's too often what has happened to me. Went to college could not decide on major, 4 years into it, got tired of college, was closest to a degree in Psychology so it's what I ended up with. Moved in with a girl because it was convenient and 4 years later, married her because it was convenient. Been floating all my life.

Sometimes life is more fun living that way. Making decisions is stressful. Making decisions only to find they were wrong is even more painful. Going with the glow and just living what comes is perhaps better.

I never set out to be a BJ player, never set specific goals, never spent a great amount to time practicing. So, if I lost my BR, I never invested much of anything into it. If I win a little, I keep playing and slowly, way too slowly for most, it's getting better. However, if one day everything becomes CSM's or 6-5 games, it would not make my life painful.

"And that indeed IS the question: to float with the tide, or swim for a goal"
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    Taken from a letter he wrote to a friend.

Banned or Suspended

ZeeBabar said; " ... floating all my life."
    Sometimes life is more fun living that way. Making decisions is stressful. Making decisions only to find they were wrong is even more painful. Going with the glow and just living what comes is perhaps better.

W.T.F. ? You choose to spend your life by going with the glow or the flow or whatever --
    taking the road MOST travelled with passive acceptance of whatever choice is the least risky
    or simply the easiest. You have victimized yourself for half a century at the least. You had
    three routes open to you. The first and best route was discovering the source of your low
    self-esteem. Secondly, you could have become an "injustice collector" ruminating on the central
    unfairness of life. Thirdly, you could take the easiest route of all (as is your style) and just
    get comfortable with your absurd rationalization re: that your route has been preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

- Rush

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    ZeeBabar said; " ... floating all my life."

W.T.F. ? You choose to spend your life by going with the glow or the flow or whatever --
    taking the road MOST travelled with passive acceptance of whatever choice is the least risky
    or simply the easiest. You have victimized yourself for half a century at the least. You had
    three routes open to you. The first and best route was discovering the source of your low
    self-esteem. Secondly, you could have become an "injustice collector" ruminating on the central
    unfairness of life. Thirdly, you could take the easiest route of all (as is your style) and just
    get comfortable with your absurd rationalization re: that your route has been preferable.
    Life is what happens while you are making plans.

Personally, making a decision and then working towards achieving that goal presumes that you are wiser at the time you made a decision than you are as you grow older. You close yourself. You set a goal and a vision assuming you are wise and know what you are doing and you miss a lot of opportunities to make your life more full because you get on that one track.

In in my case, living the way I have, I managed to get from a poor upbringing on the dusty streets of a third world country to this country at 18 and over the next 49 years, ended up living in 8 states and 24 different cities all over this country while working at 9 major academic institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    You have shared much about your personal life. More than many do even when you are personally friends with them. I found it very interesting. It's always interesting to hear someone's true thoughts about their life in this world of phony Facebook posts. It sounds like your lifestyle has been very fulfilling to you. Best Wishes.
    Thanks, it has. The plan was to come to do Engineering, 6 years later I graduated in Psych. The plan was to get an education, return home and get married, never happened. While working, I would throw out application for new jobs out of a minute or two of boredom and ended up getting offers at a higher pay at an interesting location. It's been great for me. Had its price because constant moving meant no long term friends, people I lost contact with, a wife lost (friend gained) because she wanted one place to live etc.

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast