See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    where do you get politics from my post??
    Sorry, nothing. You didn't see the posts I deleted.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Oh ok, then Im sorry.

That was a history lesson but I can see how it could get the responders rolling in the wrong direction. The local history of that time is well known around here and much of it will only be known by the true alpha history buffs. They don't teach it at less than the Masters degree in history level. There is a lot more very interesting history that isn't well known except to the people that get a Masters in History or the local people that are interested in the local history. I will not post any of it as it will start the ball rolling where Norm doesn't want it.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Norm my post was deleted, which is OK, but it bothers me that it may now be inferred that my message was off color or filled with hate when in fact I believe the information I conveyed is a common held belief of a majority of historians.

Ouchez

Blog Entries

Well, it wouldn't be if you didn't make this post. Come on guys, no politics. Don't care what side it's on.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

The greatest thing about procrastination is that it pays off RIGHT NOW!

Don't be supersticious...it brings bad luck.

“Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.” - Fredrick Douglass

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's how the smart money bets-Damon Runyon

Blog Entries

"There’s an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they’ve worked out."

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Anukant View Post
    “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
    Never heard this one before; it's GREAT!

My favorite already cited: "A pig gets fat but a hog gets slaughtered". And it applies to so many aspects of life from business to blackjack. A friend of mine had never heard it before but wrote a children's book on it to teach some things to his Sunday School classes after he had heard me say it.

Another favorite:

"I may grow older but I REFUSE to grow up!"
    Last edited by MJGolf; 10-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

God created the universe and then he inserted the human being as a virus that will wipe it clean.

"Conversation with woman in tight sweater always have at least two very good points"
    Confucius

"Man who walks around with holes in front pockets often feel cocky"
    Confucius

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast