See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of the truth than lies.
    Friedrich Nietzche

The Great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie-deliberate, contrived, and dishonest-but the myth-persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. . . .
    We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpolations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
    John F Kennedy, Commencement address Yale University, 1962

Blog Entries

Carrots may be good for your eyes, but booze will double your vision.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once. John Wheeler (physicist)
    Time is the most valuable thing that a man can spend. Diogenes
    Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn
    How did it get so late so soon? Dr Seuss

Blog Entries

'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? -- George Carlin
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

"An empty can makes a lot of noise."

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

That's the one that was bastardized into "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity" (which he never said).

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    That's the one that was bastardized into "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity" (which he never said).
    yes. He's misquoted a lot and given credit for many things he didn't say.
    But the things he did say and do are nothing short of amazing.

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."

"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

“It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.”

Lena Horne

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When it comes to men, she never turned down anything but the bed covers. Mae West

She's descended from a long line her mother listened to. Gypsy Rose Lee

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "You come home, make some tea, sit down in your armchair and all around there’s silence. Everyone decides for themselves whether that’s loneliness or freedom."

"You will never speak to anyone more than you speak to yourself in your head, be kind to yourself."

Albert Einstein:

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast