See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to hole-card

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to hole-card

Ignore the silliness at the start. Hole-carding instructions start at 55 seconds in. True story:

Last edited by Norm; 12-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "Queen." I lost it. If only they let me quadruple down into dealer 15.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    good one !!!

That is sooooo freakin funny....bet the farm!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Ignore the silliness at the start. Hole-carding instructions start at 55 seconds in. True story:

That was not holecarding:-) It's spooking which is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_carding
    ...hole carding is to peek at the card when the dealer checks the hole card for
    blackjack.... "spooking" refers to a partner with a better view peeking at the hole card...

BTW in my neck of the woods, holecarders have a different way to peek at the holecard since dealers don't peek.

The AP at 3rd base peeks at a weak dealer's 2nd card as she sloppily pulls it out of the shoe, i.e., ala "Jackie-style". I love holecarding especially when it offers the 100%+EV in the case of "even-money" or the insurance bet . As a curious question, how much will you guys want to pay if a cardholder is willing to teach you guys how to holecard ?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianno View Post
    As a curious question, how much will you guys want to pay if a cardholder is willing to teach you guys how to holecard ?
    If what you've written above is your level of expertise, not a damn cent.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Blog Entries

I'm selling these for $1,000:

imagesxray.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm selling these for $1,000:

imagesxray.jpg
    I will take 100 pairs....can I put em on my tab?

I'll pay quite a bit to learn to hole card; I've never seen any slips or any card faces other than what everyone's supposed to see. But I suppose there must be something to it, for all of the attention devoted to it.

Blog Entries

I hate when this happens:

imageacehole.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    I'll pay quite a bit to learn to hole card; I've never seen any slips or any card faces other than what everyone's supposed to see. But I suppose there must be something to it, for all of the attention devoted to it.
    In shoe BJ you are not going to find this very often maybe 1 out of 100 dealers will give you a read if you are a 4'10" asian woman in the perfect seat. It's more like 1 in 10 at carnival games, of those maybe 30-50% could be played by anyone and will be quickly fixed, another 30-50% are worth playing for top pros, the others are too inconsistent.

There are a few tricks (being able to distinguish between paints is the real pro skill which doesnt matter in BJ but does in other games) but otherwise it's mostly about being short, getting a good angle, and seeing well. I am not the best at it.

I walked down the aisle, between pits, at a store in LV. Of the 4 carnival games side by side, I got a perfect read on 3 of them, hand after hand after hand. Mind you, I was standing a good 5-10+ feet behind the table. Saw one guy playing black, sitting low, who was hole carding. I returned a few times the following 2 weeks and never got another read.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I had a really good slip by the dealer once this weekend. He turned over one card fumbled with the cards and then turned it back face down and turned over the other card. He had a jack and a king. It didn't help me any because I busted but I convinced the other player (who wasn't paying attention) to hit his hard 17 and he got a 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast