Thread: CVCX : backcount %

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX : backcount %

I asked this in a P.S. on another thread, but it apparently got overlooked. So, reposting here (in the proper forum, anyway)

Quick question: just to be sure I understand something clearly about CVCX's backcounting setting.

With the backcounting checkbox marked, example in the attached partial screen-capture from CVCX it shows "9.1%" there, so with 100 hands/hour setting would this really represent actual play of just about 9 hands per hour, on average, total...?

Or does the money-result calculation on the rest of the CVCX screen assume that's still back to "actual 100 hands" PLAYED... i.e. 10X as much time, to "result"???

I'm assuming this % value that appears there, next to the backcounting checkbox, does mean the former and not the latter, i.e. about 9 hands actually played, where about 100 were watched in the relevant time frame...?

Just want be sure that's correct...

-DBJT

hands-played.jpg

Blog Entries

9 hands per hour.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Look at your average bet and your hourly and you should be able to tell.

I know norm updated it so that if you used the wonging parameters on the sim page it now represents N0 as rounds seen, and your hourly is represented in rounds observed/played rather than played only.

If your interested in backcounting, you should really use the wonging option rather than just exclude counts by checking the box in a play all sim.

Wouldn't hurt to update either.

Thanks guys... just wanted to be sure

Also I thought I *did* have all current version. Norm what do I need to do to check my current license, most recent purchase etc? Email where... (obviously don't wanna post info here)

-DBJT

Open CVCX, click 'About', note version(current is 5.0.90), http://www.qfit.com/downloads.htm#free

OK my CVCX is at 5.0.54... so update patch is free or small fee to get everything current?

I'd like to get fully updated on everything of course... if I'm gonna re-install anything of all this I want to re-install EVERYTHING, but I'm not sure which "package" I actually bought last time... how can I check on that, find out what I'm actually licensed for in QFIT sales records database?

Is that a lookup on the website somewhere OR better to just call/email to support directly?

-DBJT

Blog Entries

Smartparts link is good. Updates are at http://www.qfit.com/downloads.htm#free. There is no charge to go from V5 to V5.0.90.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm... also I found my license numbers in an old email so no need to re-lookup again.

One more question however: using my set of install files for the .54 version I was re-installing to a WinXP virtual machine on my new MacBook, and the main CV and CVDATA programs asked for license number, but CVCX app just ran, even before I put in the license numbers to the other apps, and I can't see anywhere in CVCX to enter my license.

Is this the way it's supposed to work, or am I running some demo version of CVCX?

How can I tell if it's fully active and correctly running etc? I don't want the software to think I'm a pirate

-DBJT

Blog Entries

Reinstall of the same version should not ask for a code. Uninstall does not completely uninstall to avoid wiping out user strategies, archives, etc. If it doesn't ask, it's not a demo.

OK but it's not after an un-install... I'm installing again on to a new 'clean' machine (a VM, running under Parallels, using XP SP2 on my MacBook).

The install file I used for my CVCX is a setup.exe that's hitting CVCX.msi file, size 2.79 MB (2,928,640 bytes) and with date stamp February 05, 2011, 1:29:16 PM

I'm not sure the source of this setup file, it was on one of my other hard drives, archived, and may have been downloaded -OR- (more likely) maybe it was copied from an original CD-ROM of the software that I received from QFIT.

I can't find my original CD any more, I lose CD's all the damn time. That's why I copy stuff for safe-keeping into archives.

-DBJT

Blog Entries

It's not a demo.

OK great... thanks for help. I should be all set now, everything looks good, all running & version numbers up to current.

-DBJT