See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription fee

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Subscription fee

We will shortly change most of the forums and the chat rooms to subscriber only. However, the busiest forum will remain free. In fact, remaining free will be:

General Blackjack Forum (read and post)
    Disadvantage Forum (read and post)
    Software Forum (read and post)
    All AdvantagePlayer.com Archives (read only)
    AP News (read and post)
    Blogs (read and post)
    BJ Resources (with the exception of CVCX Online)
    PMs will be subscriber only; but the chat bar at the bottom will still be free.
    Of course the 540 page Modern Blackjack book will still be free.

The subscriber fee is $3 a month automatically charged quarterly or a one-time annual fee with no automatic renewal. You can order in the Paid Subscriptions section of your Settings. Paypal and credit cards acceptable. Or, just go to http://www.blackjacktheforum.com/payments.php.

On the subscriptions screen, to pay by credit card or PayPal, click Order using PayPal. The three-month recurring option requires a PayPal account which you can immediately open. PayPal will then let you pay by credit card. The one-year non-recurring option does NOT require a PayPal account. Click on Order using PayPal anyhow, and then click on Don't have a PayPal account to pay by credit card. This is because I am paying PayPal to manage the charges.

Signup should be instantaneous and is available now.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-17-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Absolutely no problem with this at all, Norm... in fact it's probably too cheap. You deserve it, this board is well worth it, probably well past high time you're earning something from the effort. Coming from my experience running a much smaller message board forum, I can only imagine the daily headaches & hassles this huge site presents.

Where do I sign up?

-DBJT

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We will shortly change most of the forums and the chat rooms to subscriber only. However, the busiest forum will remain free. In fact, remaining free will be:

General Blackjack Forum (read and post)
    Disadvantage Forum (read and post)
    Software Forum (read and post)
    All AdvantagePlayer.com Archives (read only)
    AP News (read and post)
    Blogs (read and post)
    BJ Resources (with the exception of CVCX Online)
    PMs will be subscriber only; but the chat bar at the bottom will still be free.
    Of course the 540 page Modern Blackjack book will still be free.

The subscriber fee is $3 a month charged quarterly. You can order in the Paid Subscriptions section of your Settings. Paypal and credit cards acceptable. Or, just go to http://www.blackjacktheforum.com/payments.php. The charge is recurring, so you’ll need to cancel to stop it.

Signup should be instantaneous and is available now.
    Norm,

Could you please give us a run down lists of what is included in the $3 a month charged quarterly fee?
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 10-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We will shortly change most of the forums and the chat rooms to subscriber only. However, the busiest forum will remain free. In fact, remaining free will be: General Blackjack Forum (read and post)Disadvantage Forum (read and post)Software Forum (read and post)All AdvantagePlayer.com Archives (read only)AP News (read and post)Blogs (read and post)BJ Resources (with the exception of CVCX Online)PMs will be subscriber only; but the chat bar at the bottom will still be free.Of course the 540 page Modern Blackjack book will still be free. The subscriber fee is $3 a month charged quarterly. You can order in the Paid Subscriptions section of your Settings. Paypal and credit cards acceptable. Or, just go to http://www.blackjacktheforum.com/payments.php. The charge is recurring, so you’ll need to cancel to stop it.Signup should be instantaneous and is available now.
    You will need an elite membership for the 2nd busiest forum, the card counting forum? Seriously, I just got done telling Nyne, yesterday, how this is the best blackjack site there is and you should not complain. Today, it is going commercial...free stuff that you don't need, and auto-renewal.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Could you please give us a run down lists of what is included in the $3 a month charged quarterly fee?
    Everything not listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    You will need an elite membership for the 2nd busiest forum, the card counting forum? Seriously, I just got done telling Nyne, yesterday, how this is the best blackjack site there is and you should not complain. Today, it is going commercial...free stuff that you don't need, and auto-renewal.
    Please don't subscribe. Your 368 posts in the last month make my eyes bleed.

Smarpart saying "Everything not listed." is too broad. I am asking for specifics.

Smarpart saying "Everything not listed." is too broad. I am asking for specifics.
    Speechless.

Everything not listed, plus hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darco77 View Post
    Everything not listed, plus hookers and blow.
    I was trying to avoid having this go public.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Converseley, in my humble opinion, your posts are all to infrequent and brief. An 81% helpful ratio speaks to your expertise. Just saying, I think you're holding back and would like to see more. Respectfully submitted.
    Post appreciated.

I personally think this move will improve the value of this site and if it helps Norm, then all the better. That being said, I would be very interested in an annual fee as opposed to a monthly reoccurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
    I would be very interested in an annual fee as opposed to a monthly reoccurring.
    He is doing quarterly payments at $9 a quarter year. Works out to $3 a month.
    Last edited by Three; 10-16-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Makes sense. I added an annual non-recurring. $9 quarterly recurring or $36 for one year non-recurring.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast